Ratings for Dr. Daniel Drucker

Personally, I saw him once and did not return. He does not listen to his patients. They are the experts in how they are feeling. It is best to go to someone who has the time and ears to listen to you.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

He is kind, compassionate, so knowledgeable and so patient! I have not met many endocrinologists but I am quite sure he is one of the best ones! He is such an amazing doctor and even after I was no longer his patient he made me feel welcome to call his office if I had any concerns (and I did it and he answered my questions the very same day and made me feel so much better). I feel very fortunate for having had him as my doctor. He is very direct and it can be shocking at first especially when he communicates a bad diagnosis; however, I learned to enjoy his bedside manners and sense of humor. I was also very fortunate that he also referred me to one of the best thyroid surgeons ever! I miss having him as my endocrinologist but I am happy that he is helping so many people now that he is dedicating himself to research!! I can only say good things about Dr. Drucker!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

Undoubtedly, the kindest and most compassionate doctor I've ever met. He will listen to you, and patiently answer all your questions. You will feel heard, and will not be rushed. He is preeminent in his field - consider yourself very fortunate if you've been referred to him. After having to visit at least two other specialists for other health reasons, I've realized what separates a good doctor from an excellent one - the human element. You can't fake a genuine and kind spirit.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

I agree that he has a very dry, sarcastic sense of humour (which may put some people off, but I liked it). I was also a bit taken aback by the samples he took from my neck (without any local freezing) with a very large needle. *However*, I found him to be very knowledgeable, and he put me at ease right away. When I called his office and left a message with some concerns, he personally called me back that night (I was totally shocked), and answered all my questions and made me feel better. How many doctors do that? Plus, he referred me to the best thyroid surgeon in the city, if not the country. His website is also incredibly helpful and easy to read. Highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2009

I agree that he can be a bit brusque and his dry sarcastic sense of humour may offend some - particularly if you are having a hard time and worried about your health..and..he did take me by surprise by jabbing my neck with a very large needle without any local freezing (ouch!)..BUT for me, his humour totally put me at ease and I felt really comfortable with him. Also, when I called and left a message on the office answering machine complaining of discomfort and obviously worried, Dr.Drucker took the time to call me back personally that night and answer all my questions and make me feel better (I was totally shocked - in a good way). AND, he was on time for all my appointments.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2009

Dr Drucker was wonderful - he put me at ease with a very stressful situation by giving me an honest, knowledgeable opinion and then listening to and addressing my concerns. I found him caring, reassuring and very kind. Feel lucky to have got referral to him.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2009

Can't give this guy the credit everyone else has. He was cocky, and unintelligent. I had radioiodine treatment and kept telling him my symptoms of low thyroid were present. He said my blood levels were find and medicolegally he wasn't going to treat me. This went on for months. I now have almost an undetectable thyroid on ultrasound (shrunk from radiation). I remember one day he said to his residents "see, thin guys have small thyroids"...strange, because the earlier appointment he said "see, his thyroid is enlarged". What a arrogant douche, does he really deserve these accolades?

flag | Submitted April 30, 2009

I found him off but could not place it until he called me ON THE PHONE to give me the news that I have a 75% chance of having thyriod cancer...what doctor does that over the phone?? TERRIBLE

flag | Submitted March 22, 2009

Extremely knowledgable and accomodating. He immediately made me feel comfortable and confident that I would receive only the best of care. A wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2009

He's funny but very old-school in his training so if you question any of his recommendations, he gets his back up. You must be very knowledgable going in to ask the right questions since he won't volunteer much but seems to assume you know everything about the condition and the treatments available.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2008