Ratings for Dr. James M. Warren

A few years ago, my former doctor retired and recommended Dr. Warren. Besides regular checkups, I've had two injuries. Without exception, Dr Warren has been very professional (polite, efficient, knowledgeable). The receptionist has been very helpful - fitting me in on short notice, when necessary.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

I went to see Dr. Warren when my doctor was out of town and needed a prescription refilled. What a pompous arrogant excuse for a health professional! That was my first impression. He didn't even make eye contact wtih me. I left his office after feeling absolutely pissed off after spending less than 10 minutes with him. I will never step into his practice ever again. He has no business being a doctor with his gestapo like abrupt and rude attitude. I feel deeply sorry for this man. Save yourself alot of aggrevation and simply go to a walk in clinic.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

Smart, intelligent person who seems to have too many patients to give you the time you need. Always at least 45 mins late to see you and when he does, you can feel him rushing you out. I found a new doctor after I dislocated my shoulder (it popped back in on its own). He seemed to not believe me when I said that it was dislocated and told me I probably hadn't and to just rest it for a few days. He left the room before I even had the chance to ask any question. As I found out later I should have been in a sling for weeks and not giving it the time to heal lead to 20+ dislocations and 2 surgeries. Smart guy, doesn't take the time to listen to you.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Dr Warren is a very knowledgeable doctor and was able to diagnose my dad when other doctor's could not. Dr Warren will not give prescriptions when unnecessary, and cares about his patients. He will tell you his professional opinion and will not mince words, which is what I respect.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Dr Warren has been my doctor for over 20 years. He is exactly what I want in a doctor; knowledgeable, slow to write unnecessary prescriptions, blunt and direct. I think he's pretty great. I don't know what I'm going to do when he retires.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Dr. Warren has been my doctor for ten years, most not within my control as I was a minor. Though even then I was very displeased with him, I openly referred to him as an idiot to my regular psychologist and to my lawyer when they advised I see him. This week I decided I really needed to get some prescriptions for mental illnesses I have suffered for the last ten years or my entire life and that I would give him another chance as it was the easiest way to go. As soon as I told him what I wanted he immediately dismissed me. He trivialized what I said I was suffering from and sent me to another therapist who he said was downstairs but didn't even have their name on the door that was supposedly theirs. I was in tears at this point as one of the things I wanted medication for is severe social anxiety and I could not bring myself so much as to open the door. I have seen numerous doctors, specialists, therapists, everything over the last ten years following a motor vehicle accident and I must say that Dr. Warren is the only one I have absolutely no respect for. Don't go to see this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

I am ex-military, and have seen many doctors with the numerous injuries I've had in my life. In my experience, there are good doctors who actually care, and there are the rest....who just go through the motions. Dr. James Warren is the best doctor I've ever had in my life. Period. Full Stop! Like any good doctor, Dr. Warren is in demand, hence his waiting room is mostly full anytime I've been there. To me, the occasional waiting is a small price to pay to see this uber-smart doctor. Dr. Warren is competent and caring. I read some of the complaints here, regarding his impatience, and I just scratch my head. Dr. Warren detected my cancer. He immediately sent me to a Specialist, and came to visit me at VGH after my cancer surgery. Like I said, there are good doctors and bad doctors....and Dr. Warren is tops as far as I am concerned.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

With me he behaved with intentional criminal negligence. HIS EGO comes first. I needed an urgent referral to my past vascular surgeon due to a severe case of atherosclerosis and shot-up deep varicose veins trouble. He insisted on my seeing him again after three or six months at which time he said he would give me the referral. When I went back to him, he said "Yes, you need these vascular tests but you know what? I am not sending you to the vascular surgeon because I do not like it when a patient tells me what he needs". I had good grounds to sue him and complain to the medical board but did not. Now, after heart surgery and continued vascular problems I found it necessary to post this so no one would suffer from his negligence and ill-intent again.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

I went to Dr.Warren because i was having head problems he assessed me and sure enough within 10 minutes he immediately sent me to vgh to be CT scanned and eventually MRI. It turned out i had hydrosyphillis. meaning fluid built up in one of my ventricles in my brain and put pressure on my brain causing me to have worse than migraines and dizziness and i would move in slow motion thinking i was moving normally. Bottom line without his evaluation i would be in a world of pain still or worse

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

My husband & I started to see Dr. Warren a couple of years ago when our doctor of 15 years retired. We have found him & his staff professional, kind & efficient. He is accurate with his diagnosis, readily sends us to specialists or to the labs for further work. He is a good listener to both medical & personal issues. He tends to be outspoken & blunt which some people may not like.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014