Ratings for Dr. DARSHANA G. Patel

I made the mistake of choosing Dr Patel for myself and my daughter. Dr Patel does not look clean and did not wash her hands before during or after any of our exams. I told her I was in horrible dehabilitating pain and did not know why. She felt my back and said nothing was wrong. She did not look at my back. If she had she would have seen I had a sore on my back that was actualy MRSA! I had my anual check up and was examamined by her a couple weeks before this. The stethoscope was placed on my back in the same place the MRSA showed up! I took my daughter in because she had a bump on her lip that would not go away. Dr Patel said it's nothing and that my daughter needs to stop biting her lip. My daughter and I both told her she did not bite her lip and this was not normal. Dr Patel said yes she is biting her lip. I took my daughter to a surgeon. He was shocked! He removed a huge mass from her lip. It took 14 stitches to close the wound! I am now surching for a competent Dr.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

Had a horrible experience with her a few years back. I came in with neck pain, and she stated I could not possibly have pain where I said I did and wanted to refer me to a mental health counselor. Went to another doctor who had the problem resolved quickly. She seems to be suspicious and not thorough at all.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

Everytime I go in to see her she always make feel like I did something wronge..To me it feels like she's always talk down to you.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Went in for anual exam. stated she wasnt capable of doing a full exam. And this would have to be good enough. Also refused to refer me to an OBGYN to check for Endometriosis because I'm not married. Upon talking to Patient relations. She denied all of this and said I misunderstood her. Which is not true, because I made certain what she said. And her exact words were :Your not married they wont do anything, theres no point in refering you." I'm sorry thats BULL. I wouldnt recommend this DR. to ANYONE! And because of this, They wont allow me to get a physical done the right way. unless I pay out of pocket.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2009

Dr. DARSHANA G. Patel's Credentials

• Hindi

• Med Coll, Baroda Univ, Baroda, Gujarat, India (Grad. 1993)

Healthnet