Ratings for Dr. Peter Nieman

I am shocked at the negative expieriences with doctor Nieman. I was a patient of doctor Nieman, and I refuse to trust the attentiveness, knowledge, and compassion of anyone else for my son. Dr. Nieman uses analogies when explaining things and I believe that by really focusing on what he is saying individuals may find that he is quite informative, considerate, and compassionate about any concerns pertaining to the health of children. He uses a specific and helpful approach when explaining medically what is occurring without using over complicating language and medical terms that further confuse people. Dr. Nieman is highly educated, and ultimately is seeking out the best options for children AND the parents or caregivers, I couldn’t ask for anything more. Dr. Nieman took his time and weighed out many different alternatives regarding treatment of my ADD as a child, he preferred to not jump straight into medications, which is important when considering natural choices before pharmaceuticals. That in it self shows the importance he places on developing brains and overall general health of our children. Thank you doctor Nieman

flag | Submitted November 2, 2018

Dr Nieman liked to hear himself talk and rambled on for most of the appointment. He kept asking what we thought happened. If we knew, then we wouldn't have needed to see him. Came away fairly confused.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Thanks to Dr Nieman's laziness, my daughter has developed a "glue ear". I did not know the condition neither did he. This is sticky fluid in the middle ear that develops with untreated reflux and frequent ear infections. Might have been knowledgable as a young doctor but medicine changes and no updating in skils has been done for 30 years or so.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Avoid this doctor . He was to concerned about his dog to address any of our needs . We were sent for a heart test told he would call . Long story short we were referred to another clinic and had a great experience . This guy is a waste of time . He did not address any of our concerns .

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

My son had an obvious seizure on Mothers Day. He was transfered to the ER, stabilized and released on a referral to Dr. Neiman that following week to have an EEG completed at Alberta Children's Hospital and for Dr Neiman to follow our care until results from the EEG were available and treatment, if any, was started. During our initial appointment with Dr. Neiman he asked if u had any questions or concerns. Of course I had some so I expressed these to him. He appeared to type them out but did not answer one! He ended our appointment with schedule an appointment for the first week in June. I called the office after the EEG was completed to schedule a follow up as directed to be informed by his clerk that they would not schedule a follow up until they received the EEG results. I tried to explain to the staff that I needed to be able to schedule time from work and I was OK if we didn't schedule it for the week Dr neiman had asked me too but requested maybe we schedule for 2 weeks or 3 weeks later to make sure results were in. They outright refused and essentially told me don't call us we will call you. Almost 2 weeks passes and the same clerk called me to inform that my son's heart rate is normal and his ECG was normal. She said if I had any questions or concerns I could book an appointment to talk with Dr. Neiman. I proceeded to tell the clerk that I was needing EEG results post seizure not ECG (heart) results. She outright told me that no I was waiting on ECG results and they were normal. I tried a 3rd time to inform the clerk that she was not providing me the information we had been waiting for and she became extremely condescending! I hung up. I have a 15 year old boy post seizure with an EEG out there......no results....not allowed to schedule a follow up.....but his heart rate is normal!!! As a medical professional, I was able to recognize the normal test results being provided were the wrong results we were looking for. I was able to navigate enough in an attempt to resolve this. An "average" Joe may not have been able to and may have been left to fall through the cracks of our medical system without correct information and correct follow up. This was a horrible experience all around and a gap in our system that needs correction immediately!!!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

I found him fantastic, the only doctor who has taken me seriously, he rambles a bit but I found it helpful, very helpful honestly to hear him thinking out loud and his ideas of what it could or couldn't be, and interested in my child and fixing her issue.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Used to be helpful years ago, however he has become dismissive, ingnorant and fed up doing his job. Your visit there is waste of time.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

I had a very disappointing experience with Dr. Nieman. He talked the whole time and interrupted when I wanted to clarify what he was rambling about. He never addressed my 2 year old's issue and brushed it off, despite being cared for by a pediatrician in Edmonton for the last 6 months. We had blood tests taken a week prior to our visit with Dr. Nieman and he refused to review them and ignored his diagonisis. He was completely apathetic to our concerns. Going to visit him was a waste of time and now I'll need to ask for another referral

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Dr. Nieman is excellent. Very hands off unless he needs to step in. Trusts parents and very much involves them in decisions related to care and medications for children. Very direct and honest, easy to talk to. We never have to wait at all. Great experience.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

when you go and see a dr one week later I think you should remember them or better yet review your pt files before you walk in through the door. Had no idea why we came back to see him for results for tests. and also having to go through our whole childs problem. He also told us if he still has problems we should just take him to the ACH thanks for all your help

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015