Ratings for Dr. Lester Affoo

He does know his stuff however he constantly makes you feel like you are wasting his time and is annoyed you made an appointment. I went to see him with an anxiety issue and he proceeded to tell me it was my fault and how hard he has it because he is putting his kids through university. Not at all comfortable with him anymore wishing I could find a new doctor.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2018

He is quite dismissive and treats me like a child. He dislikes referring you to anyone unless you badger him. The staff other than heather are quite rude and not understanding at all. He also rushes through his appointments with you. He has too much in his plate.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Quite rude and dismissive. Didn't believe me when I told him I'm a nonsmoker then proceed to lecture me anyways. Would not recommend, will not return.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

Dr. Affoo has been my doctor for nearly 30 years, during which he has provided me with excellent medical service. Waiting times, which used to be awful, have improved to the point where there is usually no delay worth mentioning, unless he is called to the hospital for an emergency. On the down side, I feel he is a bit too reluctant to refer a patient to a specialist, which may be in response to government cost-saving, but if you persist it will happen. He doesn't have as much time as he used to: too many patients perhaps? Staff are efficient and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

Dr Affoo has been my doctor for over 15 years and has treated me for many illnesses in that time. He currently is working to help me through a bi-polar diagnosis and thanks to him and his staff, I am feeling much better. He has helped to change my life, and I am thankful for this.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009

Absolutely the best,knows his stuff and can explain to you in the language that's understandable. Also very helpful with sugestions about side effects and use of alternate medications.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

Dr. Affoo has been my family doctor for over 10 years. He's sharp as a whip, knows his stuff. He's very busy, however I consider that an indication of talent. He's in demand because he's good. Aside from the medical end of things, service from him and his staff has always been first rate through both minor and more significant issues.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

Dr. Affoo was my family doctor for 20 years until I got healthy. After 5 years of a clean bill of health, he refused to have me as a patient. His staff are unpleasant and inconsiderate of the well being of others. I'm considering filing a complaint with The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2008

Dr. Affoo is very personable considering how busy he can be. He knows his stuff and gets the results I want.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2008

Been seeing Dr. Affoo for many years. Sometimes I think he is not listening to me and that he has his mind on other things. Wish he would make better eye contact. Overall I think he wonderful

flag | Submitted December 17, 2007