Ratings for Dr. Lester Affoo

Quite rude and dismissive. Didn't believe me when I told him I'm a nonsmoker then proceed to lecture me anyways. Would not recommend, will not return.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

Dr. Affoo has been my doctor for nearly 30 years, during which he has provided me with excellent medical service. Waiting times, which used to be awful, have improved to the point where there is usually no delay worth mentioning, unless he is called to the hospital for an emergency. On the down side, I feel he is a bit too reluctant to refer a patient to a specialist, which may be in response to government cost-saving, but if you persist it will happen. He doesn't have as much time as he used to: too many patients perhaps? Staff are efficient and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

Dr Affoo has been my doctor for over 15 years and has treated me for many illnesses in that time. He currently is working to help me through a bi-polar diagnosis and thanks to him and his staff, I am feeling much better. He has helped to change my life, and I am thankful for this.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009

Absolutely the best,knows his stuff and can explain to you in the language that's understandable. Also very helpful with sugestions about side effects and use of alternate medications.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

Dr. Affoo has been my family doctor for over 10 years. He's sharp as a whip, knows his stuff. He's very busy, however I consider that an indication of talent. He's in demand because he's good. Aside from the medical end of things, service from him and his staff has always been first rate through both minor and more significant issues.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

Dr. Affoo was my family doctor for 20 years until I got healthy. After 5 years of a clean bill of health, he refused to have me as a patient. His staff are unpleasant and inconsiderate of the well being of others. I'm considering filing a complaint with The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2008

Dr. Affoo is very personable considering how busy he can be. He knows his stuff and gets the results I want.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2008

Been seeing Dr. Affoo for many years. Sometimes I think he is not listening to me and that he has his mind on other things. Wish he would make better eye contact. Overall I think he wonderful

flag | Submitted December 17, 2007

Very good doctor and due to health reasons I have had to see quite a few specialists, but on the home front he has always been very helpful and interested and will get bloodwork and x-rays done here, and sends them on to the specialists for their considerations. He has come to my home for problems that needed to be taken care of. I have all my doctors send reports to him so he is always up-to-date. He also looks after my mother and is very kind and thoughtful and looks after her needs with respect and dignity. I am a patient that wants things straight out and that is how he deals with my problems. Our family is fortunate to have a doctor that cares and he knows we only call when something is important, and he deals with us in this manner.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2007

He has always been very interested in the medical issues in our family. Is very informative. Has been of great assistance and extremely helpful! Wonderful Doctor!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007