Ratings for Dr. Steven J. Heyden

My doctor moved to another location, and I was sent a letter with possible options for a new primary care doctor. I made an appointment online to see Dr. Heyden. A few days later the clinic called me to tell me that Dr. Heyden was only seeing two people from my doctor per day and his quota for the day was already filled. Huh? The only option available was another time that did not work for me or go into the next year, which defeats the purpose of having high deductible insurance if you cannot get the annual checkup. When I indicated that they had some IT issues if I was allowed to make an appointment I could not actually have I was told, "Yeah, we've been talking about it." Gee, that's reassuring. Several days later the clinic called again and left a message. I hoped that they were calling to say that an appointment opened up. Alas, no. Instead it was a three minute long voicemail from someone at the front desk complaining to her coworkers about how demanding the nurses are and why don't the nurses schedule the appointments since they already have the patient right there. My guess is she thought the call disconnected, but it did not. Go elsewhere for your medical needs!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

His nurse Kathy is the best! I've been seeing Dr. Heyden for about 10 years now. He's a serious guy, pleasant enough but not overly friendly.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Dr. Steven J. Heyden's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1990)

Providence