Ratings for Dr. Naresh Kumar

Have been seeing Dr. Kumar for 20+ years. He is always friendly, efficient and supportive.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2018

Been coming here for years. The staff is wonderful but I wish I could say the same about Kumar. On every appointment I have ever had I have spent MUCH more time with his nurses then with him. They ask in detail about my medical history but when the doc Comes in he doesnt even go over what they have done and gets me out of the room in just a couple minutes even though my family doctor has sent me for a "consultation". Everything feels very rushed, tries to get patients out quickly to get the next one in so he can make more money. Orders tests my doctor didnt ask for and makes up an excuse to why he is making me do it. Made me do stress ecg test for being short of breath even though I said I am not short on breathing. Barges into rooms to scold his staff for doing soemthing wrong right infront of patient. Have seen this multiple times. Very unprofessional and complete lack of bedside manner. Also complete lack of patient confidentiality, have seen him give patient his results in the waiting room with other people there. Talks about results in the hallway sometimes. Will never return, I have had enough.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2018

Amazing Dr very kind and understanding looked after me so well today! All of the girls doing testing so nice and front of house staff brilliant! Tests were explained to me and Dr kumar took his time and simply explained my tests! Would highly recommend this lovely clinic

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

I have gone here about 4 times. I haven't seen him be rude but I am very concerned with the lack of information he is providing. Checked my heart and said it was fine. Has me on meds that I explained were causing side effects, he told me unlikely but here is another prescription. I still don't know why my blood pressure is high but I have to go and see him again in 6 weeks. In the meantime I think I am going to start to look for another doctor because he doesn't seem too interested in properly diagnosing the issue or even keeping in the loop. How can you just throw medication at someone without understanding why things are the way they are.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

His initial diagnosis of a minor heart condition was wrong. I needed urgent open heart surgery. He is rude to staff, unforthcoming to patients. He declined to reduce any of my meds, even though I had fainted twice. My GP fixed that and my dizziness is much more manageable. I have switched to another cardiologist who receives consistent 5 ratings.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

Doctor Kumar, it turns out to be, an arrogant, non-conversationalist . He turns all his lights out in his offices, to save money, so you can't see him, only hear him. You show up for an appointment, and he puts you through a stressful test and doesn't discuss anything with you. I just had a stent put in and was supposed to take a re-hab. My Auto has to have its engine rebuilt, so I asked Dr Kumar about getting a Bus Pass until my car gets fixed, and goes into about the lack of money he gets for doing the re-hab, and providing a bus pass would jeopardize his profit, so no he wouldn't do that, although I overheard another patient being able to get one, so he gives me a card, saying to take a 30 minute walk each day and some light yard work. To me, he is just in it for the money, and I understand why his Patient list is continuing to drop, he is a cheap, ignoramus, who needs to take a course on DOCTOR-PATIENT RELATIONS. Thanks John Thomas Gruchy Oshawa ON 54graphics.54@gmail.com

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

Doctor Naresh Kumar saved my life when he directed his Staff to take more time to examine my Echo-cardiogram and Ultra-Sound results at the last week of July/2017. He took extra time from his busy schedule to examine the results on screen himself and was kind, caring and concerned and was forthwith, he informed me that I had a major blockage in one of my arteries and also going into another. He immediately booked an appointment in St Michael's Cardio PCI department to have the problem resolved. I had a renowned Cardio specialist Doctor Akshay Bagai and his partner Doctor Liu do a PCI Catheter, Balloon and a significant Stent paced & removed the build-up that took from 5 to 10 years to the point I finally sought relief and had him book me into see Dr. Kumar. Previously I had a procedure done 3 weeks prior at Durham Nuclear Clinic, where they shoot you up with radio-graphic material via syringe and take pictures of your Heart, unfortunately they decided to forego the stress test that they usually do before the Imaging. My family Doctor got the results about a week later from a Dr. Ash who examined my imaging results and self-determined that the likelihood of myself having any Heart health problems was nil. This Durham Nuclear Clinic is a Provincial and Humane Rip-Off. It was only by the skilled hands of Dr. Kumar and his staff and major intervention in his referral to St Michael's that I survived this ordeal, because I was at the end of the road. in to another

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Kumar for about a year now. He is very professional and knowledgeable. He has an excellent sense of humour and is very friendly. He is not rude to his staff, he is just direct. This is fine because there is not much room for error in his line of work. I've often seen his staff joke with him,. When he comes to get me in the waiting room, he always tells my wife she should come as well.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Dr. Kumar has provided me with excellent advice. He doesn't waste the patients time. But he has always been available when needed. He has an excellent and caring staff who supports him.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

Will not return, will not return, will not return, will not return

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017