Ratings for Dr. Apostol Tountas

Visted him once for an issue with my foot. Injections done right away and I was better of after that

flag | Submitted February 7, 2019

Great doctor, fixed my feet in no time. Wait time was short and the service was commentable

flag | Submitted February 7, 2019

Worst doctor ... he had done surgery on right foot and all he said was going to make it pretty .... was recommended by another doctor to see him for other foot... seen him a few times and said I need surgery...but then went on holidays for 3 months .... never heard back from him

flag | Submitted January 5, 2019

I had surgery in 2016 for hammer toes. I come out with bunion surgery plus another toe. I do not know why and he will not address the question. When questioned about the reasons of the additional surgery he did not really answered he just brushed me off. I developed a bad infection on both feet after the surgery and went to see him at the hospital. He did not check my feet he rather told the nurse to remove the stitches I just could not believed him and he left so I could not questioned him. AND IT HURT!! when the stitches come out. I went to a walk in clinic and they prescribed antibiotics. When I visited him in his office he got all defensive and did not address the issue. He just gave another prescription for the infection. The surgery on the bunions is not good as my feet got deformed and my foot and toe are twisted inwards . To day I don't know why I had this extensive surgery when i went for hammer toe surgery ONLY!!! He wanted to operate again ..... no way!! Ask questions before surgery and do not accept any medication before they ask you to sign something.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2018

I had a short wait time for a consult with Dr. T. He knew right away what the issue was. To be sure asked me to return for xray and ultra sound. Sure enough I had a neuroma on mu rt. Toe. My wiat for surgery did not take long at all. In addition I was in constant contact with his secretary who was very helpful and polite.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

My surgery is due with the doctor next month. Please advise!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2018

Gave no information in the first meeting about a broken and displaced ankle. In week 2 he said I would be out of the cast in 3 weeks. In week 3 he said to book an appointment to get it off in 2 weeks (week 5). In week 5 after the cast was off he said it was good we waited 6 weeks to take off the cast. Gave no instructions on physiotherapy or exercises to help walk again. His consultations felt brief and rushed.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

He's not listening at all! huge wasting time, all what he can offer is to wear a cast.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Saw this doctor at Humber River Hospital. He lied when I first saw him, promising that I'd only be in a cast for 1 week then in a walking boot. When I went back to see him it changed to I'll be wearing it for 4-6 weeks. Went back to see him again after falling and dislocating my toe on the casted foot. I had to tell him multiple times as he had no interest in what I had to say. Finally, when I got him to listen, he looked at my foot and dismissed me saying it's fine even though I've been experiencing pain and discomfort. I'll be spending more time in emerge thanks to him, and definitely will not go back or recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

He did not even listen to my problem. I am a patient. He keeps on putting his things and words on us. He asked me if I feel ok after injection which he gave last visit cause of my pain in my foot ( rhumititus joint pain) , I said I donot think so that I am feeling good. He write in my report that I am feeling better and asked me to see in a month. Just to follow some exercises . Terrible doctor 😡

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018