Ratings for Dr. James Edward Ted Massey Young

A dear friend to me the patient ,and my entire family.....since 1996! Associates are amazing!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Dr. young saved my sons life. Literally. He moved quickly once my son was referred to him and ensured the best surgeons worked alongside him in a cery complex mult-dimensional 6 1/2 hour surgery. Followingmsurgery he came out personally to tell us everything went fine and hours later as he was leaving the hospital and saw us still in the lobby waiting to find out when we could see our son, escorted us personally up to the special care ward. This man is amazing in so many ways. A very special human being.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

If there was an option for more than 5 stars for knowledge, I would give. I am beyond impressed, beyond satisfied and overly happy with everything and am only 4 days post total thyroidectomy! Dr. Young is amazing and was wonderful with me on the day of surgery, his care and concern was above and beyond what you would expect for a 'stranger'! For those of you on-the-fence about him or a surgery he recommends, don't be - book, get it done, get better and get passed the illness in your life. I feel like a new person, even this soon after surgery

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

I'm very happy with is work.Had a surgery one week ago and so far so good. Small scar nicely healing .

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

He has an amazing sense of humour. He is honest and yes I agree he tells you like it is. He tells you what you don't want to hear but he keeps you alive. I've been his oncology patient for 14 years and I'm still here, thriving and not just surviving, after several surgeries and 2 RAIs, I'm living with cancer and not dying from it. Doctors might run late saving someone else's life, they don't always have time to be your best friend in bedside manners...I definitely would take skill and knowledge vs always having to have a doctor coddle my feelings if they keep me alive to be with family and friends.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

I have had my appointments cancelled at least three times and am given very little time or concern for my health when I have been in this Doctors care.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

I think he is great! He knows his stuff, the best around. His sense of humour is entertaining. Really happy that I was referred to him! And for a specialist, the wait time isn't that bad.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

I think I'd take a skilled surgeon over a guy with great bedside manners any day. Dr. Young tells it like it is which more Doctors should do. He's not trying to be your best friend. He's trying to save your life. And some people are concerned he is late for appointments or is not friendly enough? Really? Tell you what, you go find a Doctor that is really friendly and I'll stick with Dr. Young where you're probably not going to find a better surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

I am 48 hours post op total thyroidectomy, para thyroidectomy, with right sided neck revision for two lymph nodes. I was told by Dr. Young my scar would be 4" and a little to the right. I have an 8" very thick and crooked incision of which the edges have been pinched together and glued, so that they will heal standing straight up instead of even having a chance to lie flat. It is not well approximated in many places. In shock, grief, anger, sadness over this incision that looks as though a mad and evil scientist did it. He sent me home the. same day after 3 hours of surgery. I spent the night in my local ER being treated for low magnesium and uncontrollable pain. Both the ER doctor and nurses shocked at 'day surgery' and the appearance of my incision. Bedside manner terrible but thought it didn't matter because I'd heard he was a good surgeon. Wondering if a resident, who introduced himself to me in the OR, was allowed to practise on me but I didn't sign any consent allowing anyone other than Dr. Young to perform the surgery. I realize scars take a year to heal but this one has been glued to heal in the most lumpy and lopsided and crooked of ways. I'm medical, and this is so glaringly poor. It's shocking, and I'm devastated. It's hard to rate his knowledge, he flat out told me I had cancer and when I quietly she'd a tear I later asked him what the prognosis was and was told completely curable. When I asked why he hadn't told me that he said "you didn't ask". There's more, but I think this is enough to show why I would never ever recommend this surgeon. I will be asking why my incision was dealt with so horribly, but really expect to get nowhere. My family is stunned.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2014

Dr. Young saved my life 33 years ago on June 10, 1980. I have been cancer free since that day. He and his staff guided my wife and I through the most difficult time of our young lives. He was outstanding before, during and after my operation ( front quarter amputation) for which we will be forever grateful. As a side bar Dr Young brought champagne and a cake for our 10th anniversary on June 19th -- this Wednesday will be our 43rd! We love you all.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013