Ratings for Dr. James Edward Ted Massey Young

I have being seeing Dr. Young for many years since I had thyroid cancer. He has always been honest, caring, and informative. I continue to see him yearly for checkups and always feel good knowing he is looking after my health. His staff including Trudy are incredibly helpful and have gone above and beyond for me. I'm surprised when she remembers me year after year with all the patients they have. Yes sometimes punctuality is a pain and you can wait for a long time. But I always remind myself that Dr Young is doing surgeries and saving people's lives. I always clear my schedule for the day of the appointment and go into the waiting room knowing it may be a wait. Thank you to Dr Young for the work he does and for his staff.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

It takes 3 months because they are in demand - that is the state of our health system and not the physicians fault, don't be baffled .

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

I have been waiting 3 months just to get the receptionist to call back for an appointment and consultation with Dr Massey Young. This is ludicrous!! Honestly!!I have never ever been so in awe of complete and absolute incompetence by his staff. We have been referred by our surgeon who has also call him directly 3 times we have had our receptionist call and email his office just about weekly and we are no further ahead . I am baffled as to why it takes 3 months to book appointment. I do not think this is unrealistic we just need an appointment with Dr . Massey Young. Perhaps an letter to the Chief Medical Officer at Mac may be in order. This is crazy! I would not recommend anyone to come here. Dr Massey Young may be a brilliant surgeon but not addressing his staff is ridiculous.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr. Y. is clearly a good surgeon,He is a caring person.. He is very personable & keeps both the patient & family well-informed of the patient's progress Dr. Young is fanatic is a exceptional surgical skill and kindness A better surgeon you cannot find! He is often tardy with appointments STAFFF WELL NOT SO GREAT it was very difficult to get through to the office

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

I've never seen any staff so not sure if he has any. Always have to phone them for follow up as no one gets in touch with results. This doctor is always late and always has some excuse. Went for a follow up appointment and was told I had to come back again as he hadnt yet reviewed my file and it had been several months. Not really sure how on the ball he is. Always seems to be doing or thinking about something else when you're there. Getting a little scared about letting him do surgery.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

A dear friend to me the patient ,and my entire family.....since 1996! Associates are amazing!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Dr. young saved my sons life. Literally. He moved quickly once my son was referred to him and ensured the best surgeons worked alongside him in a cery complex mult-dimensional 6 1/2 hour surgery. Followingmsurgery he came out personally to tell us everything went fine and hours later as he was leaving the hospital and saw us still in the lobby waiting to find out when we could see our son, escorted us personally up to the special care ward. This man is amazing in so many ways. A very special human being.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

If there was an option for more than 5 stars for knowledge, I would give. I am beyond impressed, beyond satisfied and overly happy with everything and am only 4 days post total thyroidectomy! Dr. Young is amazing and was wonderful with me on the day of surgery, his care and concern was above and beyond what you would expect for a 'stranger'! For those of you on-the-fence about him or a surgery he recommends, don't be - book, get it done, get better and get passed the illness in your life. I feel like a new person, even this soon after surgery

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

I'm very happy with is work.Had a surgery one week ago and so far so good. Small scar nicely healing .

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

He has an amazing sense of humour. He is honest and yes I agree he tells you like it is. He tells you what you don't want to hear but he keeps you alive. I've been his oncology patient for 14 years and I'm still here, thriving and not just surviving, after several surgeries and 2 RAIs, I'm living with cancer and not dying from it. Doctors might run late saving someone else's life, they don't always have time to be your best friend in bedside manners...I definitely would take skill and knowledge vs always having to have a doctor coddle my feelings if they keep me alive to be with family and friends.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015