Ratings for Dr. Carolyn Levis

Dr. Levis performed a nerve decompression of my lateral femoral cutaneous nerve, which was released in 3 different areas. Unfortunately the nerve was beyond help and she refused to cut the nerve. Excellent care and compassion, circumstances would be different if I had had this surgery 5 years earlier! Permanent damage done and I blame the healthcare system.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

While I am certain that Dr. Levis is very skilled and qualified, I had a terrible experience and would caution those looking to have a "minor" procedure done by "her". I went to her because I was afraid and she came VERY highly recommended. I had surgery done on my carpal tunnel. Unfortunately, she did not perform the surgery. She was there, but a student did the surgery. I was in no position to question what was happening, my head was spinning from the whole ordeal. So now, instead of some occasional tingling and numbness, I have hypersensitivity (that did NOT go away as it healed), constant pain, weakness and diminished use. Be clear when you go in that you want HER to do the procedure.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Dr. Levis and her staff are excellent. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Dr. Levis is a wonderful surgeon with an excellent bedside manner. She never makes you feel rushed and answers all your questions. She is helpful and compassionate. You will be in the best hands having her as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Dr. Levis is an excellent surgeon and a wonderful human being who helped me get through some difficult times. Both Dr. Levis and Dr. S. Archibald performed my jaw surgery and I am well underway of a full recovery. She is professional, knowledgeable and caring. She took the time to answer all of my questions and concerns.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

I'm still working with Dr. Levis after I had a silly accident injuring my sciatic nerve. My experience with her has been pleasant and informative. I began my journey to recovery in St. Catharine's where I live...it was a horrible experience. The Dr. failed to explain anything, hummed and hawed, before finally referring me to Hamilton. St. Catharine's hospital lost me in their system, failed to return my calls, refused to make appointments for me and other minor frustrations. My only complaint is the price of parking at St. Joes!!!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

Undergoing some reconstruction after cancer and I feel so lucky to have such professional but friendly doctors looking after me.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Had work done by Dr Levis a couple of times. I found her to be knowledgeable and have a professional yet friendly manner on both occasions.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014

Dr. Levis is beyond excellent as a surgeon!!! She has been recommended as the best in the entire area. She is beyond brilliant. At times there is a hold up for post op appointments as it is a busy clinic. We understand that and if the Doctor is busy with another patient because of an emergency we certainly understand. The follow up with Dr. Levis's surgery through the out patient physio clinics is excellent. There is communication between the Doctor and physio staff. The results of all this expertise have been amazing!! Thank you!!!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2014

I recently had a nerve relocation/decompression in my arm. I was concerned that it would have marginal benefit from the proceedure, but am extremely happy that I have regained full function from my arm and hand which had become very limit with impaired sensitivity and motor control. I found her to be one of the best doctors I have ever met. Her skill, ability and knowledge are every bit as impressive as her bed side manner. Thanks Dr. Levis!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013