Ratings for Dr. Samir Kalia

Dr. Kalia has been my Dr. almost from his start in practice in Burlington. I feel very lucky to have him as my family Dr. I am a nurse and he is very knowledgable, professional , sensible and a good diagnostician. I find him caring and compassionate. I find it to be a great family practice, the receptionist at the moment is a struggle to deal with however I think she is still learning .

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Samir kalia was one of my best friends in highschool and university. We prepared for my chiropractic and his medical school applications together for hundreds of hours. In 1999 we both graduated with a biochemistry degree and he went to mac med and me cmcc. As a person that knows the man behind the doctor... This is what people should know about him... 1. He is the most brilliant person I've ever met. Growing up he consistently scored 99-100% on every test (barton high-school and 4 years ato mcmaster). His IQ is off the chart. 2. Despite being brilliant, he is willing to admit when he doesnt know something. As a result he always made friends easily and was well liked. (Not full of himself.) 3. I've been a chiropractor for 13 years and whenever a difficult case comes up I recommend my patients contact Samir first. If he is your doctor you are lucky. If he is not its a good idea to try to be his patient.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

I have had a couple of horrible Drs. , but when my husband asked me to move to Dr. Kalia, I know I made the right decision. He is understanding, caring, and Knowledgeable. If he does not know something he investigates it and gets back to you as soon as possible. He has called me at home to answer my questions when I am concerned about something and gives me relief. He is great at finding excellent referrals to specialist, and is diligent in getting the proper tests done for you to determine what it is you have. He is a great Dr. and I wouldn't change him for the world.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

His arrogance astounds me. I called today because I received a 2nd degree burn to my hand that appeared to be healing properly until this morning. I became concerned and called my family doctor, another physician in the practice (who is wonderful). My doctor was on vacation, but the office assistant told me I could see Dr. Kalia at 4:30 today. I was thrilled because I didn`t want to go to emergency and wait for hours. I made the appointment at 2:15 pm. Imagine my surprise when I got a call at 2:30 from their office. The office assistant was extremely apologetic and said that Dr. Kalia had told her to call me and cancel the appointment. One of HIS patients had called after me and he told her that HIS patients take priority over anyone else. I was DUMBFOUNDED. The assistant was very sweet and understood how upset I was. Not only do I have 2nd degree burns but I am diabetic which makes it even more dangerous. She said that Dr. Kalia told her to give me the number of their doctor on call for after hours. This was no good to me as that meant a night time appointment. She then said I could see another doctor who was coming in tomorrow morning to specifically cover the patients of MY family doctor. So I am going in tomorrow morning. I just cannot stress how angry and disgusted I am with Dr. Kalia`s lack of professionalism. The hypocratic oath says ``first do no harm``. I guess he forgot about that.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

I recently had to change doctors because I was dissatisfied that despite my medical history, I was unable to discuss more than one issue or symptom at each visit. He did not take the time to review his notes from the last visit and would also get visibly frustrated with me. Be prepared to wait 1/2 hour or more even with an appointment.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2012

What a doctor should be; caring, conscientious and considerate. Good man with excellent skills. I have been with him since he started his practice in Burlington and really like his approach.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2012

I find Dr Kalia very knowledgeable and what he doesn't know he is not afraid to investigate and get back to you, but that's rare. He is very pleasant, has a great demeanor with the kids. And he takes feedback, like how I could never get in same day with my daughter so I ended up at walk in clinics all the time, now he leaves open appointments for same day and they have added after hours appointments with the "Dr family". Barb and some of the others at the desk are really rude, I love it when the new young girls answer the phone because I know I won't be barked at. And the nurses aren't good at giving kids vaccines. But overall we are VERY happy there, because what counts is your DR and not the staff.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

I find that Dr. Kalia is plesent although his front desk staff lacks personality. They NEVER answer the phone, its impossible to get an appointment, they are rude and do not value the patients they have. They never open at 9 when they say they are going to(aleast they don't turn the phones on), can never get ahold of anyone and there is no options to leave a message! After going to walk in clinics for 2 years because I will be looking for a new doctor!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

The front office staff are rude. They wrote down the wrong appointment time for me and when I missed their appointment, which was their mistake, they sent me a rude letter demanding that I pay $50 for the missed appointment. I was not even in the country when they scheduled the appointment. One of the nurses actually hurt my daughter's arm when she was taking her blood pressure. I had to kick the nurse out of the room. Dr. Kalia is pleasant and easy to talk to, however he is lacking in his knowledge. My daughter has been to him 4 times for a medical condition and he has no idea what it is or how to treat her. I will be looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2011

Dr Kalia is a conscientious doctor, who is personable and proficient in his job. i am glad he is my family doctor.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011