Ratings for Dr. Erik G. Kerekes

Met Dr. 5 yrs ago and he would not believe that I could feel something abnormal in my abdomen and had a family history of polyps. He stated no one could feel if they had Polyps. After my persistence and his reluctance he performed a Colonoscopy in which 1 Polyp was removed exactly where I felt something. 2016 I had the same feeling went back to Dr., he advised me the first finding and removal was a "fluke" and that is was not possible or in any medical books that people can feel if they had polyps. He advised me to change my diet, loss weight and because I was so persistent he ordered an ultrasound. I went for the Ultrasound and it was ordered for the wrong area, an area I was not feeling anything. After explaining my pain to the tech she advised I needed a Contrast CT not an Ulstrasound. I was so upset and hurt, he treated me as if I was not sound and not in tune with my own body. Needless to say after he wasted my time with an Ultrasound of my upper abdomen not lower. I was hurt and went to another Gastro who found and removed 2 polyps from the area I specified. Each patient is different and no Dr. can dismiss your concerns and what you feel. It may not be text book and it might not be anything ever heard of but it is always worth it to hear a patient out and deal with their concerns with legitimate action, not the runaround, not being cynical as Dr. Kerekes was to me. I am hurt and disappointed I had to go to another Dr. to hear me and perform a procedure that could help save my life.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Dr. Kerekes is a typical HMO doctor. Too "educated", too "important" and "too busy" to actually listen with consideration to what his patient has to say.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

This doctor dismissed important information that killed my son. He took a wait and see attitude until he waited too long.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

Great physician with a true passion for what he does. He made the experience very easy for me and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2010

Dr. Erik G. Kerekes's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1997)