Ratings for Dr. Domenica Tambasco

I was a patient for years. She never seemed to recognize me. She was very distant, and had a poor bedside manner. She was also accusatory. I found another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

I was with Dr. Tambasco for some time and she demonstrated tremendous lack of knowledge ( one time she spent full time of my appointment googling my condition, another time she prescribed me antibiotics when I actually didn't need them). She may seem nice at first but I'd suggest to stay away from her.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

She's always running 40+ minutes late and yet you have to be there on time or someone else takes your place. Knowledge? Little to none and helpfulness.... meh...... If someone has a decent family doctor accpeting patients please share.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

Dr. Tambasco is one of the most caring doctors I have had. She shows true concern for me and my family who also see her. When the diagnosis is not clear, she always makes sure to follow up. She puts in a lot of time to explain the problem in terms I can understand and gives very sound advice. I highly recommend this doctor, except I believe her practice is full now.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2011

I would never recommend Dr. Tambasco as a family doctor. I have been her patient for approximately 6 yrs. She demonstrates a lack of knowledge of medications, and she is unable to establish any sort of relationship with me as a long-term patient. I had a hysterectomy 6 years ago, yet each time I go for my annual or any other exam she continues to ask me the date of my last period. Each time I remind her that I had a hysterectomy. I understand that it is impossible for doctors to remember every detail about their patients due to loads, but, at the very least, read your patient files before visits. I never had much confidence is her knowledge or bedside manner, however, at the time it was very difficult to find doctors who were accepting new patients. My most recent experience can only be described as abysmal and I am currently looking for a new GP. Hopefully I will find one who will demonstrate both sound medical knowledge and an ability to show empathy.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Tambasco's for about 6 years. As someone who is fortunate to not have had any major medical concerns, I suppose she is sufficient. I do worry about her level of competence and knowledge. Oftentimes I've had to remind her to check my bloodwork or files to remind her of things. She talks a lot to herself and looks very flustered and perplexed most of the time. She never looks over your file before you enter her room and then spends 5 minutes or so fumbling and trying to figure out where to start. She even forgot I had a miscarriage only 4 weeks after getting the news in her office! She asked me if I was back to get my prenatal screening! I mean, come on, check your files and at least get up to speed before a patient enters your office. Personally I find these attributes worriesome in a medical professional. I am definitely trying to find another GP right now.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2010

Her bedside manner needs some work (not very personable). Too quick to prescribe. Not very punctual. When I saw her about a rash, she read to me from some sort of diagnostic manual (which I didn't understand, not being a doctor myself)and then she asked me what I thought I had!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2010

Dr. Tambasco takes prediabetes very seriously, (unlike some other doctors) and I am glad. It makes me take this condition seriously, too. She is knowledgeable about prediabetes and diabetes, current on the research, and understands that early treatment is a must in order to prevent the complications and progression of prediabetes. She is also very proactive in her treatment of hypertension. She doesn't hesitate to make a referral or schedule any tests that I need. On a personal level, Dr. Tambasco is respectful, and very pleasant with a good sense of humor. She never comes across as arrogant, which I absolutely appreciate. And she is usually on time, or only a few minutes behind. I really like Dr. Tambasco and am very happy with the care that I receive from her.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2010

I've seen a lot of doctors in my time, and Dr. Tambasco is in my opinion, one of the best. She is punctual, caring, attentive to detail, knowledgeable and thorough. There have been times when her appointments have been running a bit behind, but this happens once in a blue moon and isn't a frequent occurrence. I've asked some embarrassing health related questions, and she has never made me feel awkward or uncomfortable in any way. All in all, I've always had a pleasant experience.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2010

I scheduled a meet and greet with Dr. Tambasco several years ago (which I found to be kind of annoying, as I had one issue I wanted to discuss but was told I had to wait and address it at my first official appointment, not at the meet and greet). In explaining my recent medical history, I mentioned to her the fact that I had had an abortion about three months prior and teared up a little. She looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "obviously, you're not over it yet" as though I was upset over a broken fingernail. I thanked her for her time and walked out. She made me feel like an idiot for having emotions, and I've never been back to see her.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2009