Ratings for Dr. Riaz Shariff

Doctor Shariff has been my family doctor for years. He is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and personal. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Always over booked and doesn't spend enough time with the patient. He's always running and doesn't give me a proper treatment. I've been on a prescription deig for almost two years now, and he doesn't want to take me out of it so he doesn't have to deal with my side effects. He has recommended me to other specialists but they are all the same kind of "prffesionals".

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Dr. Shariff is a good doctor. I have told him that I will not accept a prescription that contains a lot of adverse reactions and therefore ask him to give me alternatives. He has and for that I am grateful for his advice. Now, the staff needs to understand that a Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing client has issues booking appointments over the phone. For the Deaf it is impossible, for the Hard-of-Hearing it is close to impossible. You would think that the staff would welcome text messages or emails to book appointments but alas they don't use text messaging but will send email notifications but will not look to see if a reply came back. I am waiting for a reply about seeing a Specialist who has requested that I bring my x-rays and MRI on a CD. I replied back asking if they are sending this info to the Specialist or do I pick it up. Been over 8 days of no reply. Guess I am going to have to go there and get it straighten out. You know it is our right to be given access to book appointments via email or text messages. Upset Handicap

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

I don't agree with some of the comments about this Doctor. He is self centered. He is the nly physician in Durham who treats Autistic adults and as such he knows it. He is not willing to work with the parents. His beliefs are outdated. He is rude. He needs to get updated with the time. He is not knowledgeable. He needs to retire. I am praying that I find a physician in Toronto if it means bringing him in the city for my son. I Loathe this man. Just seeing him makes me ill to stomachs. He has no compassion. He is not a caring Physician. It's his way or no way. Not willing to work with the patient. He needs to retire.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

Worse Doctor. He is a quack. He refused to give me a referral for my son to have surgery. I had to go to another Docyor to get a referral. He refused to give me a referral for my son to see a Dermatologist. He needs to retire. He does not listen. Does not show compassion. In my opinion he sucks..looking for a new doctor for my son.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Always helpful but rushed and double books. Overall a kind man with a good plan of action.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

Words fail me when I think of Dr Shariff. I have been seeing him for 27+ years, as well as my dad and my sister. He has been nothing but helpful, honest and very caring. Even though we have moved out of Ajax, we still drive in to see him. God bless this man and his staff

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

I never thought to rate my doctor whom I have relied on for 15 years, until I read some of these comments. Dr. Shariff is not a drug pusher, that is one of my favorite things about him. Many others will be upset with that and change practitioners. He doesn't put up with lies and people feeling sorry for themselves, again, people will switch practitioners due to that. He has been amazing for my family. I have a hard time trusting anyone else with our health. There are many doctors that work their allotted time and will not go out of their way for their patients. He is not concerned about how much money he is wasting by putting in extra hours, he is in this line of work because he believes he can help. I feel that he loves his patients and cares about them. I know he cares about our family anyways. He looks past the fluff and can see what is really going on if he has the proper info. He takes that extra time with patients that many other doctors in the area will not. I hope he never retires because I wouldn't know what to do without him. I haven't been around the corner from him for 14 years, but I don't mind driving 30 min to see him.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Very professional Doctor that always gives the right diagnosis. Extremely helpful staff!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

was seeing Dr sheriff for years as he was the Dr for my entire family. He is a very hit or miss dr. He can be attentive and caring if the mood strikes him but on the other hand I have witnessed his unwillingness to listen to patient concerns. My younger sister was wheezing and my mom took her in to find out that instead of the cold which Dr sheriff had told her she had my sister had asthma. When my mom confronted him about the diagnosis he simply said"she wasnt ready to hear that diagnosis" ummmm who is? And that's no excuse if he'd simply said I am very sorry I missed the signs we would not have been so upset. Immediately we all switched to Dr chacko. He is a Godsend!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015