Ratings for Dr. Ed Hewins

Knee is working better than normal pain free! Thank you would recommend him any time!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

had a surgery for my shoulder that I suffered pain for long time. Dr Edward proformed a surgery and I could not be more happy. Thank you Dr Edward

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

In 2004 Dr. Hewins had to fully amputate my index finger. He's very genuine, compassionate and fully explains everything in detail. Thank you

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

The best orthopedic surgeon in NS!!! So knowledgeable and empathetic !!!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

Left my mother in pain for 24 hours with a broken arm. Put metal hardware in her arm with no padding which tore through her skin and is protruding. The receptionist for his office told my mother that because she is not in the workforce her surgery was not 'critical'. Nurses within her care team withheld medication. The receptionist couldn't actually recall my mother having in in for an appointment within 2 days of being there and then promptly mixed her up with another patient named Emily. Could not find her information or any record of the appointment. I am horrified at the level of care. Valley Regional Hospital has a terrible reputation for a reason.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

On Dec 24, 2014 I fell and broke my wrist in several areas which needed 6 pins put in to hold everything in place. This was many "firsts" for me as in first bone fracture, first surgery, first cast plus first time undergoing physiotherapy. On Jan 2nd Dr Edward Hewins did this procedure for me and 3 months later I could not be more pleased with the results. He and his staff were so professional, helpful, knowledgeable and even made me laugh throughout the whole ordeal. Overall I want to say that having Dr Hewins and Lawrence taking care of my injury made the whole incident so much more comforting and I THANK YOU ! Keep up the great work! =) Brenda

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

Dr. Hewins did an amazing job on my badly broken ankle. He is being very cautious and protecting me from myself (wanting to jump back on my horse right now!) He is personable, obviously extremely talented, and kind. I totally trust him and so follow his instructions to the letter. He is a rare find, and I am so very glad he was my surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

Hewins was very gentle with my 6 yr old daughter. Explained things to us both, and felt genuinely concerned for her well being and recovery. A+++ from us :)

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Dr. Ewins is the epitomy of how health care professionals should perform. He's kind , compassionate, knowledgable and willing to spend time to explain things and answer questions. He also adds a personal touch that is rare these days. We need more like him.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2012

Dr. Hewins reattached 8 severed tendons in my right arm admitting he wasn't sure if he knew that they would all work, he pulled it off and now my hand works like before. But because of scaring and damage to tissue I have severe pain, when he broke me the news that I would only have 5% usage in my hand for the rest of my life he looked really guilty and he thought he could have one better. I thought he had done an amazing job and without him I would only have a stump instead of a fully functional right hand.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012