Ratings for Dr. Ed Hewins

Dr Hewins is an excellent surgeon and also great at explaining what is needed and procedures. He is pleasant and I appreciate his honesty about recovery times etc., I had an LRTI procedure on my Left hand 6 months ago, healing is going well, and currently on the list for my right hand. Dr. Hewins staff are also easy to work with as well. Would refer anyone with ortho needs to see Dr. Hewins.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Staff in the office was very helpful and went out of her way to help. Dr Hewins was excellent. Very please with how my shoulder surgery turned out. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Knee is working better than normal pain free! Thank you would recommend him any time!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

had a surgery for my shoulder that I suffered pain for long time. Dr Edward proformed a surgery and I could not be more happy. Thank you Dr Edward

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

In 2004 Dr. Hewins had to fully amputate my index finger. He's very genuine, compassionate and fully explains everything in detail. Thank you

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

The best orthopedic surgeon in NS!!! So knowledgeable and empathetic !!!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

On Dec 24, 2014 I fell and broke my wrist in several areas which needed 6 pins put in to hold everything in place. This was many "firsts" for me as in first bone fracture, first surgery, first cast plus first time undergoing physiotherapy. On Jan 2nd Dr Edward Hewins did this procedure for me and 3 months later I could not be more pleased with the results. He and his staff were so professional, helpful, knowledgeable and even made me laugh throughout the whole ordeal. Overall I want to say that having Dr Hewins and Lawrence taking care of my injury made the whole incident so much more comforting and I THANK YOU ! Keep up the great work! =) Brenda

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

Dr. Hewins did an amazing job on my badly broken ankle. He is being very cautious and protecting me from myself (wanting to jump back on my horse right now!) He is personable, obviously extremely talented, and kind. I totally trust him and so follow his instructions to the letter. He is a rare find, and I am so very glad he was my surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

Hewins was very gentle with my 6 yr old daughter. Explained things to us both, and felt genuinely concerned for her well being and recovery. A+++ from us :)

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Dr. Ewins is the epitomy of how health care professionals should perform. He's kind , compassionate, knowledgable and willing to spend time to explain things and answer questions. He also adds a personal touch that is rare these days. We need more like him.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2012