Ratings for Dr. Myron Semkuley

Engaged, clear, questioning, knowledgeable, high acumen

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

Went to this Dr as a walk in patient. He was arrogant and seemed more interested in lecturing me than treating me, I knew I had a sinus infection and needed antibiotics. He went on and on about how Christmas doesn't matter blah blah and super bugs blah blah. He gave me a prescription reluctantly and told me not to take it for a week. Even though he told me I had infected sinus, nose, throat and bronchi. Just do salt water rinses and have hot baths was his solution. I couldn't even speak my voice was gone and I felt terrible. I started the antibiotics immediately and now after two days feel so much better. I even told him I hadn't been on antibiotics for 4 years. Thank goodness I didn't listen to him!!!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

August 14, 2014.Walk in clinic in Braeside. found Dr. Semkuley to be abrupt, rude and did not listen to my son as he tried to explain himself. I was speechless and shocked by his manner. Made us both feel unworthy of his time. Not a pleasant experience. Shocked is all I can say.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

I just got back from walkin with my 2 yr old. When I asked what is wrong with him he said it was a ear infection. I asked how bad and what ear? Response was abrupt and rude. "does it matter what ear!! He has a ear infection!!" at this point on the verge of tears I just wanted to get out of there! Noticing I was upset then his tone changed! Too late by now I felt belittled as a mother. I will never go back to this doctor no bedside manner whatsoever. And I have never heard of salt water in the ear and when I asked why and what it does. Just so it if u want his ears to get better. With this said this is not my first child I have 3 other kids and in 16 yrs have never been faced with such a rude arrogant doctor.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

Dr. Semkuley was the sub-in for my regular family doctor one day when i took my son in. I was impressed, and wished he could be our regular doctor. That was my first doctor/patient interaction with him, however I went to school with his children, half of whom were adopted, AND WERE NOT WHITE!!! I found the comments by this person saying they were ill treated by this doctor because they were not white to be outrageous! That person is clearly an ASS of giant magnitude! Maybe what they chose to misinterpret as contempt based on racial bias was really contempt for a stupid person who if they took better care of themselves in the first place, wouldn't end up in the doctor's office! My question is, is this person a smoker, drinker, drug user, obese, feeds their child Kraft dinner, hot dogs and Kool-Aide and lives themselves on pizza and beer, then wonders why they are sick? This doctor now works for Doctors without Borders, most likely with non-white patients. A good doctor!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

One heck of a doctor! He was the best doctor...then he decided to help others. I admire anyone that could stand the conditions that "doctors without borders" have to put up with. Way to go Myron!! I am proud of ya!!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2012

I am surprised to see good review here about this doctor. I went to this doctor with my 18 month old daughter as she was suffering from flu. I found the doctor very arrogant, rude and disrespectful. It could be just beacuse we were not white. I just can not find any other reason why he behaved like that. This was totally unexpected from an old, educated person living in a civilized society. My opinion if your skin color is dark be careful. ( I met him at the Bearside clinic, my last two visits were with a female doctor who was very nice and then had this guy. Would never return to this clinic)

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

I miss this Doc sooo much. He was our family physician for 30 years, and the most compassionate, honest, salt of the earth doctor I have ever met. His office staff always knew you by name and were very friendly. The only negative about him was that he retired suddenly and left us without a follow up doctor.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

can not understand how a person like this calls himself a doctor. Arrogant and uncaring In my opinion should not be allowed to practice medicine.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

I have never found another family doctor since Dr. Semkuley moved on. My family went to him for almost 15 years. Dr. Semkuley was always helpful,and if he wasn't sure he refered you to someone who did. When he sent you for a tests he always let you know the results and explained things in English. Dr. Semkuley, was very comforting and helped me understand, when my son past away at a young age. Dr. Semkuley always took the time to listen and was not a pill pusher. The receptionists always greeted you by first name. His services are greatly missed.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2007