Ratings for Dr. Anthony Chiu

I have actually been with Dr. Chiu for 20+ years. He's been my family doctor ever since I was a child and I am finally switching family doctors, so felt I should write a helpful review. I would not recommend Dr. Chiu to anyone. It is evident with Dr. Chiu that his main concern is money. Through my years with him, he wants to charge additional for anything possible - such as doctor notes and prescriptions renewals. Even though I've been on the same prescription for the last 10 years with no changes or risks, he refuses to let the pharmacy renew it and makes me come in every several months to renew it. If he actually was being diligent and wanted to follow up with my health, I would be more understanding but instead I'm forced to come in to his office so he can get paid, I wait for an hour after my appt time, and then he says 2 words to me and prints and signs my prescription. Such a waste of time for all parties involved and no consideration towards patients whatsoever. I prefer straight forwardness and efficiency, but Dr. Chiu has never provided me with any insight into my health for any of the years I have gone to him. Walk in clinic doctors have actually always impressed me relative to him because they seem much more knowledgeable and actually try to treat you.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

Dr. Chiu seems disinterested in your health issues. He just sits behind his computer and will not look you in the eye while speaking to you. He makes me feel uncomfortable and it appears he just wants to write you a prescription so you will leave without examining you.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

He doesn't care about the patients. Definitely not a good doctor.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

He doesn't care about his patients, and always doesn't refer you the the specialist. He just want you to come in and make money.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Very scary having him as my family doctor. Charged a ridiculous amount for getting a medical form signed that was 98% filled out by me....

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

His reception is absolute rude. And he is not helpful either. all he want is let you get into his office. So he can make some money. He don't care his patient.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

He's been my fam doctor for 20+ years... Only reason for this was because one his receptionist can speak Korean in which my parents needed. Dr. Chiu makes me not want to go to the family doctor despite the fact that I need to on multiple occasions. I know that when I go to his office, he will run about 45 min late and than spend about 5 minutes with me (probably because he's running so late all the time). I would NOT recommend this doctor and I am in middle of trying to find a new GP which lead me to this site.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

The receptionist is just rude. Unbelievably rude.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Horrible doctor! Absolutely useless, just brushes you by.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

If you're looking for a doctor with great bedside manners and is willing to have nice long chats with you, this is not the doctor for you. If you're looking for a doctor who is quick, efficient, willing to refer you to specialists if he thinks he can't help, write you an Rx for massage/physio for insurance purposes, push back his appts to see you when you walk in looking like death, and makes his secretary call your mom when you're a full grown adult bc he thinks you shouldn't be driving yourself home, then yes. He's your doctor!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014