Ratings for Dr. Charles J. Adelmann

He has one nurse/assistant/Spanish who spends more time socializing with other staff. She is distant and uninterested when attending patients. I had a friend waiting for me and I pointed her out to him, he said "yeah I saw her, she was spending a lot of time talking and joking with other staff and not looking real busy at all. I may change my doctor , because of her. She does not call you back as well when you leave her a message. I have to feel comfortable with my doctor and his staff and with her I don't think her interest are the patients.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

I have had three colonoscopys over the years with Dr Adelman,he is very nice, although this last time i hadnt been there in awhile and he didnt have my former charts to follow and i had to wait while they retrieved them and give him the history myself. I didn't like the girl i was sent to, to make an appointment.She was extremely rude to me and if i asked questions she acted like they were stupid.For instance i asked the difference between going to Norwalk hospital or the outpatient clinic, as they didn't have a choice before.She was just plain rude and other people need jobs if she doesn't like hers.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Previous comments reference Dr Adelmann and his staff as being rude and I have to say I've never experienced this at all. Everyone is incredibly nice, funny, and helpful. He is always caring about my medication and health and is pleasant to talk to. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr Adelmann's arrogance is only exceeded by his rudeness. I was under his care along with Dr. Frank Sammarco's care for severe ulcerative colitis. He was generally uncaring for my condition, seemed annoyed to have to deal with my case and went so far as to berate me for several minutes when I was inquiring about test results. I will be reporting him and the practice further because someone as sick as i have been does to deserve to be treated the way I have been treated. In addition to the lack of care and concern for the patient I would rate their knowledge, ability to triage, and establish a plan for well being as extremely poor.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2013

His assistant Susan was so rude, curt, unprofessional and nasty that if he knew how she spoke to people she would be fired immediatly. I moved to Dr. Bonheim in Greenwich and the differance is incredible.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

found him to be very personable, approachable and a good listener. i liked his little bit of wackiness in his personality, made him human. i had a colonoscopy and i agree he gives you the results while still a bit loopy, but his office also calls you later to ask you to come in for follow-up. he will be my colonoscopy doc from now on. real nice guy.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010

I went to Dr. Adelmann for a colonoscopy so I did not spend much time with him. He seems pretty knowledgeable and said he has done 30,000 of these procedures. Mine went without incident. His bedside manner is a bit wacky. Ask for the results in writing because he verbally gives you the results right after the procedure when you're still loopy from the anesthesia.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2010

Dr. Charles J. Adelmann's Credentials

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1987)

MSP/BC Med