Ratings for Dr. Harry Penner

Exceptional caring and gentle dentist. He also has long term staff that love working there.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Best dentist I've ever had. Hygenests are courteous, friendly and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Nice personality, but staff did not check my ins. coverage well enough, and I ended up paying thousands out of pocket! Lots of upselling as well-makes you feel they're "in it for the money" - not a good feeling. Some fillings caused chronic on and off pain over the years. Molar filling that I was told will last for "about as long as a crown", lasted 4.5 years. There's usually a 3-5 month waiting list. I once had my appointment cancelled by them after waiting for months. On the plus side, there's one hygenist (in her 40s) who is the best I've ever had at removing hard plaque from teeth.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Dr Penner has been treating our family for approximately 15 years with great success. He is probably the best with smile creation through crowning I know. He tends to over bill the Alberta Blue Cross guide but quality and confidence is worth a little extra. He also refers to the best in Alberta for gum and root canal work. He could use another dentist to assist his load and flow through his holidays times. His dental techs are also first rate, very skilled and personable. He was also very pain free for our Children through the "Fear Years".

flag | Submitted April 12, 2008

Dr. Penner is excellent with kids. He once spent one and a half hours with my son who was terrified and screaming blue murder. Very patient!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2007

Very pricey and when after spending alot of money on refilling my back molar, he informs me that I will need a root canal. Why was that option not mentioned, before filling the tooth? Grrrrrr

flag | Submitted May 1, 2007

Dr. Penner has been my dentist since I was a child. I too now take my children there. Not only is he a great dentist but his staff is wonderful and many have been there since I started going. I love that their office closes during holidays as well as school holidays. The office is about family. I often recommend him and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

I have dealt with Dr. Penner since I was a young child. (has been over 20 years now). Now I take my own children to him. He is a great dentist, very good with kids. He is informative, and friendly. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a dentist

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007

Dr. Penner does not inform patient of options and procedures. He does a procedure that is not effective, charges accordingly, and within a few weeks, patient needs major work done, another billing as well as charges for emergency visit, etc. Would not recommend this dentist even to my mother-in-law.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007