Ratings for Dr. Stephen Arif

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

I'm looking for another doctor, I haven't received good medical care with this doctor. I prefer to see the day doctor for medical help. He has been nice and polite with me but professionally speaking... I wouldn't recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2010

A loved one while on her death bed has busy Dr. Arif as a doctor, her mother sitting next to her asks Dr. Arif how she is doing....he replied, she's 42 and looks like a 90 year old, not much to say. What comfort does that statement give? This is not just bad bedside manners, this is total arrogance and true..he was a good Dr. at the beginning as every abitious Dr. is...He told for many years, the symptoms were in her head, given anti depressents and treated with little respect. Even on her death bed this Dr. couldn't put his ego aside...really this guy is only a family doctor who likes to pretend to do wonderful things...he's no different that the guy down the street and no better than anyone else...too bad he couldn't just admit he didn't know and send her to a specialist...might have saved a couple years of her life. If you have had a good experience with this Dr. Hurry for you and your alive today to say it...so sad my sister isn't.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2010

To the last poster: What you describe is clearly imcompetance, even a first year medical student would have sent you for tests. You are as sick as you are because of this doctor. You need to ensure you child is protected. Thanks to his negligence you may not be there for her, I hope it doesn't turn out that way but please prepare for the worst. You need to speak to a lawyer and the Ontario College of Physians. Do it as soon as possible as there is a time limit. You may not feel this will help anything but you need to ensure that your child has the resourses to care for her if things don't turn out well and even if they do he should pay for the avoidable harm he has put you through. Please do both as it is the only way to ensure that as much as can be done will be done.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

Dr Arif was my doctor during my pregnancy and when I discovered a lump in my breast he brushed it off as if it was nothing. I had my baby and breastfed for 12 months and still he did nothing for me until I saw a doctor on call and she rushed me to have a biopsy done she did more for me in one visit than he did in a year and a half as it turned out I had breast cancer. I had a masectomy and 23 lympnoids were full of cancer I was 35 yrs old and I could have died had I kept seeing him I have nothing nice to say about this doctor

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

Came to this site to check out replacements for this MD who I have had for ten years. Saw the post with the Joni Mitchel quote. Had to print it out and take it to the teacher lounge. 8/10 of us agreed. It was written by Dr Arif!It sounds exactly like his misleading family health team speech and several of us remember the Joni quote. It's sad, he always wants to convince you that he is special. He is in fact a very average MD. Not a bad thing to be but he undermines it by transparently taking credit for things he had nothing to do with and thus insulting our intelligence. He either thinks we're to stupid to notice or he is so smart we won't catch on. Neither is true.To bad all he needed to do was listen to us,spend a little time and keep up with the times.So he end up writing to a rating site lauding himself to try to convince the town that they should appreciate him more. We did appreciate him, he treated us for 20 years but we don't appreciate him leaving with so little class

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009

I had this doctor for years and always thought he was very good.I saw him every three months for my diabetes. I just moved and got a new doctor. My new doctor said my bp was dangerously high for a diabetic (165). It turns out I also have kidney damage. The thing is I keep track of this information when I see a doctor. Dr Arif told me this was fine and just exersize more. Looking back I was foolish to trust him, all he cares about is getting you out of office

flag | Submitted November 24, 2008

A very good doctor. He is going to be missed. Its going to be a challenge to find another doctor of his quality who actually wants to stay in Atikokan.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2008

A true loss for the people of Atikokan. Dr. Arif has not recieved the recognition he deserves for his hard work, dedication and achievements in advancing access to medical care for the citizens of Atikokan and area. Joni Mitchell said in her song about the "Big Yellow Taxi" : "You don't know what you've got till it's gone". This certainly applies here, and I hope the people of Atikokan are lucky enough to come to this realization and pray that Dr. Arif and his family either change thier minds or return here at a not-too-later date.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2008

very aloof person,no bedside manner,glad he is leaving,

flag | Submitted April 25, 2008