Ratings for Dr. Cameron Wilson

Excellent physician that saved my life. If it were not for his background and knowledge I would not be here today. Thank you Dr. Wilson

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I have never seen Dr.Wilson as a patient, but have seen a doctor in the same clinic as him. He is very arrogant towards his own receptionist, no respect for her and yelled at her in front of other employees and patients. If he has the courage to treat his receptionist like that, I wonder how he treats his own patients. Got the wrong picture of him. Would give future friends/family a heads up of maybe asking to see a different doctor.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I had Dr. Wilson while I was in the hospital and my assigned doctor was away. He seemed like was probably knowledgeable enough but I couldn't say, because he showed no interest in keeping me informed about anything. He took away the book of information that the Kidney Association had given me (which I was SO thankful for) and his lack of attention to my care meant that I was on a fluid diet for 5 full days when it should only have been 1 or 2. BUT, the knowledge of kidneys is what's most important. My regular nephrologist's care was very different (immediately took me off of the frequent dialysis and put me on prednisone) but I can't say which one actually got me better, so I won't fault him there. I had no experience with his punctuality or staff and there's no N/A rating, so I'll do what seems average so far on each.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

The kindest doctor I have ever seen, very helpful and I felt like I had all the time in the world to ask him questions. I recommend him highly and am surprised there could be any negative comments regarding this physician.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Wilson's since the late 80's. Since then, I have moved out of province but I would never find another Dr. I drive or fly to Regina once a year to see him. He takes the time to listen and has always made me feel like I matter. His receptionist is amazing and has often made phone calls on my behalf to Dr.'s in my province. Overall, I have had nothing but positive experiences.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

This doctor was excellent. He made every effort on my behalf, discussed my other medical problems unrelated to kidneys, as well. He was polite and pleasant and gave me all the time I needed to discuss my issues. We are lucky to have him here.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

Horrible doctor. Our family has had extensive dealings with him. One appointment he looked at my chart and asked me how my kidney transplant was. He was very shocked to find out that I never had one and it was my Mom. I guess he couldn't tell from the charts if he was dealing with a man or woman. I was sent off for tests due to major illness and was told they would get back to me with results. They never did and I called the office. His receptionist said he was on vacation, and his associate then checked my results and said I should be in the hospital. Nice one there, good thing for pinch hitter! Never saw him again nor would I recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2009

I was his patient for about 20 years, he never knew my name, only faintly recognized my face, made me wait horrendously long times in his office for appointments (minimum of 40 minutes). made me strip to my underwear to take a bp (no gowns - when I enquired he raised his voice and threatened to make me wait another couple of hours after already waiting over an hour). Support staff claimed he was knowledgeable but he did not choose to share that with me .. such a shame, I would have surely benefited from the experience. ** I find it curious that he has been practising so long but has few feedback entries **

flag | Submitted October 3, 2009

We are fortunate to have Dr. Wilson in Regina, he is incredibly thorough but extremely busy. He might lack patience with poor support staff as he puts my needs as a patient first and I am grateful to have him on my side.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2009

I never knew which side of Dr. Wilson was going to show up...the nice, decent man or the one who yelled and screamed at everyone...it was a scary experience being in his office.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2008