Ratings for Dr. Athan P. Kartsonis

A warm, caring and astute physician. He takes ample time explaining his diagnosis and going over options for treatment. My wife and I would turn to no one else for our gastrological care.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2013

Dr. Kartsosis saved my life in the emergency room of Holmes Regional Medical Center in 1998. I followed up with 5 office visits after that. it is now 13 years later as i review my medical records that i see what he had done in the emergency room that day. i was to young at that age to understand what he had done saved my life. i will be forever grateful for the expertise and care doctor Kartsonis had given me.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

has a very good manner... answers all questions and takes time with his patients. relaxed atmosphere.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

The doctor is fine, but his office staff, specifically those in charge of billing, is unreasonable. I have had to pay for a test covered by my insurance company because the staff refused to provide a specific code or an explanation why the test needed to be done.

Submitted October 4, 2010

The cost is still ongoing for followup treatments.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2009

A very caring physician, takes his time and really listens to you. Is very skilled with the necessary evil of a colonoscopy. His office staff is also helpful and timely.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2008

Not a good choice if you are involved in litigation. He followed my care after a serious near death emergency and once he found out I was involved in a medical malpractive case he dropped me in the middle of care with not so much as a conversation about the situation, any medical concerns or any communication at all. I received a letter a day before an appointment instructing me to find another doctor and he wouldn't even talk to me in person. I believe his wife is an attorney. My legal matter was very serious that resulted in me almost losing my life and he had no concern for what happened to me.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2008

The best doctor I have found yet. Sends follow up letters to my other doctors and copies them to me, Very sweet and caring man. I wish all the different specialists I have found since I moved here were like him. He concerns himself with other issues of yur health besides the gastroenterology part. I wish my primary care physician was as on top of it as he is.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2008

Dr. Athan P. Kartsonis's Credentials

• Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med, Miami Fl 33101 (Grad. 1981)

Desjardins Insurance