Ratings for Dr. A. Ritter

My mother went in to have a tooth removed. It's almost 2 months later and she has an infection. She went back to him and he removed 2 splinters in her gums. She has been very sick and it's his fault.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

He is the best dentist I have ever been to. My kids also loved Dr. Ritter and all his staff. They are very happy to go to the dentist now which was not the case with their previous dentist. I would highly recommend Ritter Dental Centre.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Excellent. Great Dentist. Truly cares for his clients

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

His receptionist is terrible! She billed my insurance for things I didnt have done! Cant remember her name, but she has glasses and long brown hair. Stay away!!! Found out cuz my insurance didnt cover what I was billed for. I called my insurance, and when they told me what procedures were charged I just about lost it. NEVER EVER going back there. Found Ritter to be very rude as well. Very money hungry.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

I had an awesome experience yesterday with Dr Ritter and his fabulous crew. I was extremely anxious about a root canal that I was about to have done. Everybody was so good to me explaining and asking me what I needed, they kept checking in with me as the procedure was being done to make sure that I was Ok, the assistant even held my hand for comfort. They took very good care of me. The root canal experience was not as horrible as I was expecting Thanks to the Dr Ritter team.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

I have been with Dr. Ritter since he started to practice at Southdale Square Dental Clinic. During the 15y plus I had only good experience with him and his staff. The charges are in line with the standard. What I noticed is that he does not perform unnecessary dental work. Work performed such as a root canal treatment and crown, no problems! I experienced problems with sensitive teeth (grinding), went a couple of times to ensure things are o.k. Since there was nothing to be found he did not charge me. The only annoying thing is the blaring TV which, upon request, the staff shuts off. So far I only had super experiences with Dr. Ritter and his team. I would always recommend him as THE dentist to go to.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

I am very disappointed in the treatment I received form Dr. Ritter. The idea of T.V. for the patients seemed great, until you realize the staff are paying attention to the TV also. NOT professional. I was told I needed a routine small filling after having panoramic XRAYS done. After the procedure I had pain and on return the Dr. said I needed a root canal in that tooth since the filling was touching the nerve. I observed that the pan Xrays did not show the true length of my nerves, which was obvious in the new XRAYS. The XRAY attendant should have ensured that they were done correctly. So now I had to have a root canal done. Besides that I felt that Dr. Ritter seemed RUSHED and somewhat distracted. Probably because it was Friday afternoon and he had somewhere to go. I get that people have lives and places to be, but if you are a professional, your patient should not get that impression, especially when it involves potential health problems and risk.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

I can not comment on his new clinic but I used to see him on occasion when he still worked at Southdale Square Dental Clinic. I found him to be "ok" when I was going for something routine. Unfortunately he performed a root canal on me and was very unprofessional. He kept cursing as he was struggling with the procedure! Not only that, but on what should have been my last appointment for the root canal, instead of working an extra 15-20 minutes to finish it, he made me book another appointment to come back...which means going through the whole freezing procedure again just for a lousy 15 minutes! The root canal ended up becoming infected and 9 months later I had to get the whole tooth pulled. Bad experience overall.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

I made check-up appointment for my 2 kids and was pleasantly surprised when they offered "side by side" appointments, however the appointments were NOT side by side (which would be fine if they hadn't offered in the 1st place). The hygienist says "The front staff always offer things we can't accommodate", then 1/2 way through says "and you know there's no dentist here today right?" Um, WHAT??? Why in the hell would I make an appointment for a check-up, to have their teeth cleaned ONLY, and have to come back ANOTHER day for the check-up?? This makes ZERO sense. Again, she blames the front staff. I was FURIOUS. When I complained they said "Oh sorry, we thought somebody would have mentioned that" UM, NO! The hygienist also gave my 7 yr old the CHOICE of fluoride or not. What do you think he said? She also didn't even floss his teeth. Just brushed them, it took her all of 5 minutes and she was done. Excuse me? No wonder you can get an appointment as soon as the next day.....ridiculous!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2013

Went on an emergency visit with pain in lower gum. He first checked my coverage then wanted to pull four front teeth. one tooth was loose. he claimed my lower jaw had shrunk and that was causing my teeth to become loose. I said no to the extraction and asked for a temporary brace. He reluctantly complied. The brace lasted less than an hour and the infection went away on it's own. I still have my teeth with no problem. NOT VERY ETHICAL IN MY OPINION.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

Dr. A. Ritter's Credentials

• Northwestern University (Grad. 1995)