Ratings for Dr. Agnes Han

I went to Dr. Han for my upper endo and the experience was fine. I did not get good guidance on medications or any kind of help other than the procedure, which happens to be in a facility that she owns - seems to be a big money maker, but was convenient and all of her staff was good. My biggest problem with her is that I referred my brother to her as he had been really sick after eating. She did an upper and lower GI, but never did any ultrasound on him. This went on for a year before she finally figured out that he had a gallbladder issue, which should have been a basic GI screening. This was very upsetting and he ended up having surgery, but should have been diagnosed earlier. He also got very confusing information about whether or not to take medications, just like I had experienced. I would not refer her again and have moved to another GI specialist that is much more professional and I have had better results and feel like I can trust. The communication is flowing a lot better. Just make sure that if you go to her, that you are educated on possible conditions and ask specific questions.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

My mother went to see Dr. Han following an ER visit due to severe stomach pains. Not only do you have to pay a $25 copay everytime you visit, she talks so fast and indifferent towards you it makes you wonder if she even cares. I accompanied my mother to every single visit (she is a korean immigrant with limited English) and the way Dr. Han makes snide remarks about my mother to me in English is sickening. Makes me wonder if she views her patients as objects to make money or someone's loved one. One time she had a person shadow her during one of our last visits and when she found out my mother had stopped taking a over the counter medicine, she looked back at the person and said, "Typical Korean Patient" as if it were an inside joke between them. Dr. Han, as a person who is Korean American, completely degraded and discriminated Koreans in front of the person who was shadowing her in order to get some brownie points or something. Horrible bedside manner and talks a million words a minuteacher using complex medical terminology with no further explanation! And I haven't even started on the fact that we had to wait 3 weeks to get our ultrasound results back (which resulted in another $25 copay for her to speak with us 5 min to say it came back good) because she was on vacation. Doesn't even discuss results over the phone and requires a visit (and $25 copay) every single time!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Dr Han has been my doctor for 16-18 years. Wonderful. She saw me thorough 2 surgeries found necessary after colonoscopies. I took my mom who was 89 yrs old to see her. Very caring, too the point that she saw me 4 days in a row thorough the weekend because of reaction to meds.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Not returning she needs the staff she had 4 years ago

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

my entire family of 3 generations have been seeing Dr. Han for the past 8 years. She is and always have been most kind and caring physician I ever met. she is brilliant with in depth knowledge. Regardless how busy she is, she answers all my questions and constantly educate me. If I am the one who kept her long time thus making those patients to wait, I am sorry to you all. she is worth the wait. When emergency happens, you bet you could count on her. SHE WILL be there to SAVE YOU the way she saved my life.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Talks to much about nonsense, does not heard a word you say. Doesn't spend enough time explaining health issues. Staff rude and not much help. Most frustrating doctor and staff I have seen. Looking for a new doctor now.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Han for about a year and the level of frustration and rudeness of her staff has forced me to find a new doctor. Several times the office was late in opening - suppose to open at 9:00 AM and no one shows up until after 10:00 AM. My pharmacy and I have to call multiple times for multiple weeks just to get an authorization or clarification, lab work orders are never called in when they say they are resulting in multiple calls to the office and rescheduling my lab appointment. The nurses are rude and the office just seems very disorganized. It's been one headache after the other so I'm finding a new doctor.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

She was a waste of time, she took my 40 dollar deductible and after my first consult she tells me that she doesn't take my health insurance, for me to go change it? Seriously she was a waste of time and very rude at that too. Do yourself a favor and find a good doctor who cares.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

She diagnosed Crohn's after years of docs telling me it was IBS. She got there by not giving up and not accepting IBS. Eventually I did the pillcam and the ulcers could be clearly seen. She s always late, sometimes by 2 or 3 hours. I always ask for the last appointment. I am now pretty knowledgeable about Crohn's and treatment options so I ask lots of questions. I do a healing diet called The Specific Carbohydrate diet, so really have little need for doctors any more. I would recommend her, I believe she is caring and knowledgeable. She is not perfect but neither am I

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Dr. Han's office is inefficient. One year and still trying to get my colonoscopy results and records sent to my efficient Gastro doctor. Shame. Dr. Han is difficult to understand and refuses to give a print out of results with any explanation.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Dr. Agnes Han's Credentials

• Mt Sinai Sch Of Med Of The City Univ Of Ny, New York Ny 10029 (Grad. 1987)