Ratings for Dr. Susan Fair

When she is on vacation or away, she doesn't have anyone covering for her and the staff is not helpful, their answer is go to an emergency room. My boss had a bad back injury and wanted to make an appt, she has been a patient with Dr. Fair for years, they said she would have to wait until the doctor returned and then another 3 days after that before they could get her an appt. with the nurse practitioner (not even the dr). (6 days later this was). What good is having a doctor that cannot see you when you have been an established patient, has no one covering their patients while they are away and no one to refer you to but an emergency room. There are way better doctors out there that will make the time if you are very ill or injured, or that will have another doctor that you can see or be referred to. Why couldn't the nurse practitioner then see my boss? My boss needed to see her doctor and her doctor's staff wouldn't let that happen. I said out loud well that wasn't going to work, trying to figure out what to do. I sent my boss to the Health First Clinic instead and Dr. Fair sent a letter saying my boss was fired as her patient because of MY rude behavior. I'm not her patient, my boss who was injured and needed to see her doctor was the patient. The person on the phone was curt and short and said well take her to the emergency room. Emergency Rooms are not the answer, they just tell you to see your doctor! I don't think that's professional or compassionate. A good doctor always has another office or doctor that will see patients that are very ill or injured if they are away and a good doctor does the same for that other provider, ensuring their patients are covered whether they are there or not. My boss was in a lot of pain, having terrible spasms and Dr. Susan Fair's office could have cared less.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

She was my doctor since I was born 26 years ago and since she retired 2 years ago, I have had an extremely difficult time finding a comparable family doctor. She was always a good listener and easy to talk to, didn't rush me when expressing my medical concerns(even though obviously she was very rushed due to her busy schedule). She always had a gentle and compassionate nature and truly cared about her patients, and was knowledgeable and correctly diagnosed every issue and offered the best solution (and usually offered a natural solution before a prescription). I almost cried when I found out I had to find a new doctor!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Fairs for over 25 years. She has seen me through many difficult times both inregard to to my physical and mental health. It is truly sad to see her retiring. With her previous nursing background in mental health and her compassion for all of her patients it is amazing. I have seen how she treats both young and elderly patients and it is allways the same - with respect. That is hard to find and I am afraid that Susan is going to be able to be replaced. There was some issues for with the front office staff she used to have at one time but now that friendly faces are back all is well and the office functions like it should.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

I have been going to Dr. Fair for years and initially I found her very good. Lately not so much. She used to spend time answering questions & listening to your concerns but lately it's a rush to get you out. It's good that she is retiring or maybe this is why she is being this way. Her receptionist Cindy is her savior and if it weren't for her I would have looked for a new doctor long ago. I was recently diagnosed with carpal tunnel which I had a suspicion I had on the initial visit. It took 2 months and 3 visits to have this realized. Now I have to wait for surgery. When she told me I had it and needed surgery, she wrote me up a prescription for some wrist braces, told me she'd write up the letter for the surgery and walked out. I had some questions but I had to phone and talk through Cindy to get my answers and even then, they weren't fully answered. I will have to wait to see the specialist to get my answers.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2009

Dr. Fair has been my physician for about 30 years now and I am confindent that she has taken care of all my needs.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2008

Dr.Fair is very friendly and comes across as helpful, however, if you are seeking help with mental health issues, go somewhere else... she is quite out of her realm and sticks with meds from the 70's and refuses to even consider anything else. After seeking help elsewhere, it is obvious to me that Dr.Fair is not very knowledgeable or comfortable in this area. Although every Dr. has their specialty and mental health is a grey area as it is, I believe you will find greater help elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2008

I feel extremely blessed to have had Susan Fair as my family doctor for the past 22 years!! She is also the doctor to my two daughters who adore her. She sincerely cares about her patients' well being!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2008

My sister & I have been going to Dr.Fair for at least ten years & I can't stand her anymore!!! She has misdiagnosed my sister a couple of times and she always give out the wrong stuff.. when she is not available and I have to go to walk in clinics (diff ones) they always ask me who my doctor is because of what she has given me! She always rushes u out of the office and doesn't like to give u more than 5 mins so have ur questions all ready or else there not getting answered! This one time I had this planter wart on my finger & I made an appt to get it cut off & because everything else she told me to do wasn't working & I had it for like 5 months & just wanted it gone.. when booking the appt they asked what it was for & I told them & they gave me like 3 weeks away because it wasn't that important... ok... but when I went to the appt they had everything ready for her and when Dr.Fair came into the room & saw it she said "I DON'T DO WARTS" - What is that??? I can't wait to find a new Dr!!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2008

Knowlegable reguarding all my concerns. A little quit to respond to my issues but as far as accuracy was right on. Always willing to refer to another doctor issue was out of Her field of expertise. Wel done Dr.Fair Thank-you

flag | Submitted November 1, 2007

Dr. Fair seems to always assume she knows what is wrong and tries to correct it with Pennicylin without actually diagnosing the problem.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2007