Ratings for Dr. Dalton Sholter

The reception can be a nice lady but almost impossible to get her on the phone or a message returned. For those stating "try doing her job for a day". That is exactly it... IT IS HER JOB. I see many specialists and do not have this issue else where. Anyway, i was sent to him for a rhematoid disease I was diagnosed with and he brushed it off saying there is nothing wrong with me, to simply get some exercise and I will be fine. The reason I was diagnosed to begin with, was because every time I exercised, tissue and ligaments were being torn and injured and not healing. Here we are two years later and I can barely get out of bed because he chose to brush it off. Now, there is nothing that can be done to reverse the damage over the last few years.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

I think it is important for people to understand that this is a busy doctor. He is, by far, the most helpful and caring physician I have ever seen, and I've had the misfortune of meeting many. Dr Sholter will do his best to help you out. But It is important to understand that doctors can only do so much. I imagine some people ask too many unnecessary questions that he simply does not have the time to answer. This office is, as the doctor has told me, between 15 and 30 minutes behind, mostly due to question answering. This is not a therapy office, this is a proffesional who knows what he's doing and chatting is not his occupation. Also, Bonnie (the receptionist) is nice if you're getting straight to the point. They simply have no time to waist. This is not your average doctor. This man is a life saver.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Don't waste your time here, reseponist will not coroporate or even call you after an 8 month appt reminder. Wasted my time to get a second referral from my dr and Sholter turned me down. Both the Dr and reseponist should find new jobs , and not in health care . Worst I've seen in years!!!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

Both times I've seen him he was in a rush and clearly didn't want to answer my questions. I asked about side effects of the new medication and he told me to look it up online. During my first appointment be even answered two personal phone calls, he didn't bother to leave the room just stopped in the middle of my exam to take them. His receptionist does not seem to like returning calls. I've only been able to talk to her once out of several phone calls. Every other time I got the voice mail and my messages don't get returned. I've given up on calling his office and just wait months between appointments. I am currently unable to switch doctors or I would in a heartbeat, I don't feel like my concerns are answered or met in any way.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

Great Dr. But reception and booking with the reseptionist is brutal. Don't even try to get a refill if you haven't seen him a year, won't happen. I had to get a different referral to another Dr as the witch resepionist would not re book me. Thanks for caring for my health and waiting my time , not!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

So I phoned this office based on the ratings I've researched and I only wanted to ask a few questions to the receptionist about a rheumatologist and the receptionist was SO RUDE and NOT helpful AT ALL. I have worked in customer services for years answering phones, interacting with customers all day, in busy offices etc.. and man is this woman ever rude. Like if you don't like people get a new job! Someone needs to give this lady a cookie or something to brighten her day.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

I like Dr. Sholter. He is good with my elderly mum. I usually have a ton of stuff for him to do for her and he goes through the list with intelligence. He is a busy man so you have to be efficient. His receptionist is a nice lady. She has a ton of work to do and you have to all remember she is also a human being. She has been good with me and I don't know why the negative comments are on this site about her. You all should try to do her job for JUST ONE DAY. It is a lot of work doing Dr. Sholter's referrals, appointments and he is pretty booked up. Just be nice to her as she deserves all the praise that is not being given to her here. Both of them are productive folks. I would say that Dr. Sholter has been more useful than other doctors I have taken mum to visit for various ailments.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Absolutely impossible to make an appointment to renew prescriptions with him. A complete witch as a reseponist. Previous patient and asks for a new referral after a year and declines it. Find another " specialist" as he and the witch are a joke. It's clear they don't care about your health!!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Un corropitive and cold reseponist, was a patient for two years and prepare yourself for a 8 month appt with no reminder call. Tried to renew perscriptions and then wanted a referral . Then refused the referal. Find another dr;

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

Dr. Scholter is a good rheumatolgist but his receptionist needs to find a new job. If you want to rebook an appointment forget it. You will never get your call returned. I would appear the she simply does not care, be prepared to keep your scheduled appointment as changing it with be impossible.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016