Ratings for Dr. James Berman

Dr. Berman was Very Unprofessional, Rude, and Disrespectful to me and my 9year old autistic son. It was the worse doctor experience ever. If your in this profession I believe you need to be caring, understanding, and attentive, to all of your patients.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Met Doctor in the hospital. RUDE RUDE RUDE>>> Did not address the patient (my 13 year old daughter in great pain) spoke of worst case chance of surgery in front on her at first meeting. did not answer questions, refused additional tests that may have been helpful, would not stay in room over 1-2 minutes on rounds. I would go so far as to say creepy disposition. Bad idea to start with this group.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

rude, arrogant, dismissive. In hospital rounds spent 55 seconds and most on non-related subjects. No plan, no explanations. Partner Garcia and dr Gunasekaran knowledgable with good patient attention. Other partner dr gorla have not met. Dr Hernandez seems unsure of himself. Remeber-----you get entire team so the weakest link is trouble.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

I went to see him for my 4 month old daughter who is not eating, not gaining weight and not keeping any milk down, he belittled me, told me it was perfectly normal that she has not gained weight in over 1 month, all babies spit up even projectile. He ordered a GI to APPEASE me was his words, and I should say to begin with he would not even speak to me because I was not a refered patient which I told the staff when I called. He never touched my baby, never left his table and did not seem to believe a word I said, he just was rude, arrogant, in a hurry, he made the nurse/receptionist do her weight and stuff while he was in there talking to me because he needed to hurry up and leave after I waited 1.5 hours to see him he spent less then 5 minutes with me don't see him!! I wish I would have done more research instead of just going there

flag | Submitted June 25, 2011

Dr. Berman is rude, arrogant, disrespectful and unprofessional. My son is autistic, and his GI issues are poorly understood by the medical community, but that is no reason for him to be brushed off and treated like an annoyance. Dr. Berman actually stood up for most of the 10-minute visit - that's how urgently he needed us to stop wasting his time. He answered all questions with short, condescending, unhelpful answers, and repeatedly said that information I had gotten from other doctors was "totally wrong." Doctors like this seem to have forgotten that the patient is the very reason for the medical profession to exist at all. Our children deserve better.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

I went in for an appt., he spent 5-6 mins with me and my child. Kept bringing up research trials, did not seem to care and listen. Suggeseted tests. Complete waste of time. There are more issues also.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

rude, arrogant, didn't listen to my concerns, wasted my time. did nothing to help treat my infant sons reflux. Pushed med trial on me. Made rude comments about my sons pediatrician. RUDE RUDE RUDE. I will be sending a hospital a complaint letter.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2010

He did nothing for my child. We saw him one time in the hospital and he kept his eyes on the ceiling the whole visit, while he explained that his pratice was the largest in the northwest suburbs. He did this while my child was crying in pain,in the hospital bed. After this we found another peds gastro who was compassionate,caring and had more of a reason to be arrogant but wasn't and isn't.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2009

Dr. Berman has helped my son keep Crohn's disease under control with minimal medication.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Dr. James Berman's Credentials

• Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 15261 (Grad. 1981)

Commercial Insurance Company