Ratings for Dr. Jane Purvis

Wish she was my family dr. Was referred to her by my GP and was actually feeling better when in her office and thought she would tell me to go home but she didn't. She said symptoms I had even though they seemed to have gone were not normal. She did a thorough check up, sent me for Xrays and CT Scan and found sarcoidosis, had biopsy to rule out lymphoma and now being treated. Excellent Dr. would highly recommend. Charlene has always been friendly, efficient and returns calls.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2018

I have been very fortunate to have Dr Purvis as a Rheumatologist for over 6 years. She is a no nonsense, straightforward and extremely knowledgeable Physician. I have Dr Purvis to thank for setting me straight on how critically important it is to manage this disease and stay on top of regular bloodwork and checkups. Her staff are wonderful, especially Charlene.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

She is very opinionated(rudely). She would never explain what was causing my pain & treated me as if I were a child. Unfortunately, I often found myself crying while leaving her office & feeling worse coming out then I did walking into her office.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

Excellent Dr. Very thorough & knowledgeable. Punctual & efficient. I feel very lucky to have been a patient of Dr. Purvis' the past 16 years.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

As hard as it is to see Dr Purvis it has alway been worth the wait. She is attentive, compassionate and assertive when trying to set you up with other specialists. Dr Purvis is up today date on new and improved medicines and procedures. The staff is cold but not heartless be patient they are extremely busy as Dr Purvis has a large roster of patients. Dr Purvis is my 4th rheumatologist and she has had the best bedside manner of all of them!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I found Dr. Purvis very helpful and knowledgable. Her secretary was much less kind and quite rude and unhelpful. Dr. Purvis also proved almost impossible to get a hold of outside of scheduled appointments.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

One of the best doctors I have ever dealt with. I have been to several Rheumatologists over the past 20 years, Dr. Purvis tops them all. It is such a pleasure to finally meet a Doctor who is very knowledgeable in her field, listens to my concerns, explains things in layman's terms, lets me know why I am taking a certain medicine and what to expect. I am so thankful my family doctor for referring me to Dr. Purvis. The staff is pleasant and very helpful, calls are returned as soon as possible.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

I am a younger patient, and I am going to be embarking on a "world tour" of sorts in the near future, Dr Purvis has been working diligently to ensure that I am well prepared and on the appropriate medication to facilitate this. As soon we we realized the current meds I was taking were no longer working effectively she got to work on switching me to something else. She is easy to talk to, pretty punctual as far as doctors go and generally a pleasant person to deal with. I also must say that I certainly appreciate her new secretary Brigitte, much more than I did Anne. Her attitude is more in line with what a customer facing role should be.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

doctor gave terrible advice to resume a medication that lowers the immune system despite a persistent infection and I nearly died. Their office stopped following up with me, claimed I missed an appointment and when confronted about their poor organization, follow up and appalling tone, sent a letter that I was no longer an appropriate patient. So glad I do not have to deal with them anymore, I have been seeing her for years and she has an awful bedside manner and the customer service from her new staff is a real treat.... especially when dealing with a stress induced disease. good luck

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

I had my first appointment today with Dr. Purvis. Pain has become a part of my everyday life so it's difficult for me to express how I feel and when it started. Dr. Purvis made me feel very comfortable. I didn't feel rushed and feel she did a thorough intake of my history and symptoms. She said it may take some time to get answers but we'll narrow it down til we do. Based on today's appointment, would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015