Ratings for Dr. Janis J. Saunders

I had some really bad experiences with this doctor. She was rude, crude and crass to say the least! I felt violated and humiliated. I reported her to the Office Manager at Parkway and she wasn't very helpful. And I reported her to the AMA. Do Not go to this Doctor. All of the other doctors are fine at Parkway but this one Dr. is the worst one. She is new there and I heard she got other complaints. I also reported her to Abrazo who runs this Medical facility. Scottsdale family health next door to them is very professional and have better service. I had to change to them. I highly recommend changing to Scottsdale family health.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Saunders since her start in Ft. Hills. Have found her to be knowledgeable, forthright, conservative in her approaches, kind but with a no nonsense manner. Has a decent office-side manner. These are the reasons I trek an hr across town for my visits! The office staff is also taken into consideration for not switching. I really like the more private set up as one confers with them on arrival. Never liked the lack of privacy before when the entire waiting rm heard who I was and other personal info. I worked in Ft. Hills for 21 yrs and would have appreciated more privacy. Glad to see that change.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

Dr. Saunders may very well be an excellent family medicine physician, however, her allergy testing and treatment is questionable. She hire a PA-C, Tom Willim to manage the allergy patients. Tom is not an Allergy specialist. He is not board certified in allergy immunology nor does he qualify to sit for the boards as only physicians who completed a fellowship in allergy/immunology can be licensed. He uses a technique called Allergyease which is not approved by the FDA. In addition, there is no research in the New England Journal of Medicine or the Journal of the American Medical Association, the two most credible and respected research journals in medicine showing evidence that it works.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2009

Dr. Saunders, a stylish diva, had a problem with my weight. She tried to push diet pills on me. Repeatedly I told her I do not believe in diet pills. So she switched tactics with me. She lied. For three months, the talked to to of "two natually occuring amino acids" which alone were insignificant. However, when taken together weight loss was a side-effect. With her deception, I agreed to take the amino acids. Several months later, I begin to have what felt like land mines going off in my chest. I had 3 such episodes and each time I phoned her and told her. She never asked me to come in for an exam only that I should cut the small orange pill (amino acid) in half. By the 3rd time, the pill was down to an eighth and it was almost impossible to cut in fourths without crumbling and it was ridiculous. I threw the "amino acids" away; shortly thereafter I discovered they were "fen-fen". And, Dr. Saunders had quietly sold her business and vanished. H

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

Dr. Janis J. Saunders's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Delta Dental