Ratings for Dr. Bryan J. Mazey

I think Dr. Mazey's staff is very efficient and knowledgeably . Dr. Mazey takes time to discuss and treat a patient's condition. I am very satisfied with Dr. Mazey and his staff. I don't think I had any dealings with his office manager at all.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I went to dr mazey for years. I have no issues with him. Its the way the office is run. Majority are uptight snobs. They call you up to the desk, in the lobby, and talk to you openly about private medical issues. I had also taken my daughter, who is a diabetic, to see him. They insisted that they could only do one part of her exam that day and that i had to schedule another appointment to do the other part. (Mind you, the next availiable appt was over 2 months out.) I questioned about why and was told that they cant do 2 exams in one day, the insurance company doesnt allow being billed for medical and vision on the same day. So, i scheduled, came back a few months later, waited in the waiting room for over an hour, and got her taken care of. Well the next year i had called to schedule her appointments, couldnt get in for 3 months. I decided to call around. I got her in THAT week, i waited in the waiting room for a few mins AND they did both exams THAT day. I asked them about the insurance thing with the billing (still had the same ins) and they had no idea what i was talking about. They bill both on the same day all the time and never had any issues. (best i could come up with is that they want 2 seperate office visit bills, you know, collect more) Don't get me wrong, the doctor himself is AMAZING. He knows his stuff, he's friendly, knows how to small talk with kids; BUT his staff is not up to par. (Except the bubbly blonde that helps you with frames, she is excellent at her job, and friendly.)

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I have to say that I never thought that I would be writing a bad review for a doctor that I had been going to for over 16 years but I am. I started going to Dr. Mazey when he had a very small office and continued to do so every 3 months for that length of time due to my optical problems. That is a lot of visits and a lot of trust in a doctor. I decided today after being treating so shabbily by his office manager, Karen, that I will be seeing another opthalmologist in the future. I had an appointment today and was called up to the front desk after I had signed in. I was told that I had a balance of $73.00 and that it must be settled before I could see the doctor. I am an elderly patient and have been paying my regular deductible of $50 each time I visit (4 times per year) plus an additional amount towards the balance. It was embarrassing to be called up in front of an office full of waiting patients, not once but four times about the remaining balance. After paying that $73, money which I had to borrow after leaving the office, Karen called me to the office door and said I could not see Dr. Mazey and to make another appointment. No reason, no explanation, just that I could not see him. I was thoroughly embarrassed and humiliated by this and left the office in tears. I immediately called my daughter and explained the situation. My daughter called Karen and was treated even worse by her, she was told lies and my medical history and that I owed more money, which was not true. I used to think Dr Mazey walked on water but I will no longer go to an office where I am treated so shabbily. Yes, I will even leave my name. I hope that Dr Mazey is able to read this since Karen prevented me from speaking with him.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Unbelievably rude and pretentious staff - particularly the office manager, Karen. I called ahead of time to ensure that Mazey could see my 16 month old, was put on hold, and then told 'yes'. After bringing my baby in and waiting 2 hours, with no apology or explanations, my son was given a full exam. I was told that he needs to go elsewhere. Then I was charged $200 for this interaction. I contacted Karen to resolve this and was told, "you'll soon learn that this is how it is." And she also told me it was my choice to bring him in. Horrible horrible.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

The wait was very long! After I waited over 2 months to get an appointment, I had to wait further in the waiting room!! He (and the rest of his staff) spent more time looking at their ipads than they did looking at my eyes. That is no exaggeration! I was really unimpressed!!! There is a sign on the front desk that asks patients to be patient because the doctor gives everyone special attention and we wouldn't want him to rush during our appointments. Well, I DID NOT feel like he spent any quality time with me. He didn't even ask if I had any questions. When he was finished, he and his assistant just shuffled me to the desk to pay. I will never go back. Am I wrong to expect better service? Maybe this is normal????

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

Horrible staff. The office manager Karen is very disrespectful and uncaring. If your appt is at 9:00 then do not expect to get in until 11:30. If you want to be treated with respect and dignity then you are going to the wrong place. Find another doctor who truly cares about you and his office staff do not talk with you like you are less than human.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

Dr. Mazey is not easy to get an appointment with because he is such a good doctor! He explains every detail in full. He removed cataract's from both of my eyes and made everything go painlessly and smoothly. You couldn't ask for a better doctor to care for your eyes. Both my husband and I have been going to him for years and have never been unhappy with his care.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Dr. Mazey is a wonderful doctor, very caring and spends alot of time with you. I have taken my entire family there (kids, parents) and am always happy with them. Love the office staff all around also.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

Terrible office staff. Very rude. The Doctor spent only 5 minutes in the office with me, was not able to determine how to treat me, and sent me to another specialist which cost me $300 more. The second doctor diagnosed me right away, and gave me eye drops. 550 dollars for a diagnosis and eye drops!!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

Dr. Bryan J. Mazey's Credentials

• Kirksville Coll Of Osteo Med, Kirksville Mo 63501 (Grad. 1991)

Commercial Insurance Company