Ratings for Dr. Rory Hunter

Is a good dentist just not much of a people person. Also if you ever need pain medication say for a root canal this guy thinks Advil will do the trick. Quotes studies on pain medication instead of dealing with patients on an individual basis. There are more compassionate dentists out there who are just as good. Ask Dr. hunter about his medication policy before he starts drilling not after!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

It's worth the drive to Markham! Dr. Hunter and his team are honest professionals who are committed to their patients' health and satisfaction.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

I was a patient of his Father, Dr. C.G. Hunter, now retired. Now Rory has taken over and I am thrilled! He cares, and is very skillful. To give an example of his Professionalism: He didn't like the "look" of the job he did on a "Crowned Molar", and re did the work for free. Who the heck would ever have seen that molar? But, he thought that he could have done better, and did it, again, for free. I find his staff are friendly, and efficient. My wife and an adult kid are patients also. At one point he kept my wife waiting for an hour, and promptly sent her a very fancy fruit basket as an apology.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Hunter since my teeth first broke through my gums. He's always been extremely professional and trustworthy. A few years ago I moved away from Markham and was briefly visiting another dentist, but switched back to Rory's clinic as the service and staff are far better.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I have been with Dr. Hunter for about 20 years now and am now moving dentists do to his staffs unprofessional behaviour. I will give his staff some credit as there are many that are very nice and friendly, but I have had a dealt with a couple of staff in particular the were rude, judgemental and extremely unprofessional.

Submitted March 12, 2015

Although I never actually met Dr. Hunter, I have met several others on his staff. Everyone I have dealt with in his office were very pleasant, including: Jeanine and Olivia in reception; Fulvia the Dental Hygienist; Dr. Ip and her assistant who assessed, explained, and prepared me for dentures; Sandy and her unmatched customer support. They explained every detail of the procedures I would go through. Due to the need to remove two particularly difficult teeth, they recommended a specialist, Dr. Benjamin Lin at Woodbine and Highway 7 - who performed expert extractions, with absolutely no pain during or after. The next day, Dr. Ip adjusted my denture to a comfortable fit, and arranged for me to come back the following week for a final adjustment. Being sixty years of age, I have had several dentists over my lifetime, and this is by far my best experience. Many thanks to Dr. Hunter's excellent staff.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

Dr. Hunter has been our dentist for many years. He is extremely knowledgeable and by far the best dentist we have ever had. His staff is always friendly and helpful as well.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Dr. Hunter has been our family dentist for the past 12 years at least. He is extremely competent, caring, takes the needs of his patients and makes them priority. His staff are also competent, professional, friendly and follow-up regularly to remind patients of upcoming appointments which is very helpful. We will have Dr. Hunter as our dentist until he retires, no question.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

Both Dr. Hunter and his staff are professional. He has been our family dentist since 2008, he always high lights areas of concerns and follows up to address timely visits. My children never protest to go to the dentist and you always get this warm, welcome feeling.His staff also make every effort to accomodate and re-shedule appointments to suit the changing demands of our work schedules. It will be very difficult for us to change doctors.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Great dentist and will accommodate you if an emergency arrives. Very knowledgeable and also the staff are very helpful and friendly

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009