Ratings for Dr. William Van Zyl

Dr Shaun Van Zyl is the best Doctor in all of BC. He is kind, understanding and takes the time to explain issues. He is very caring. He also is a teaching Dr. Which that in it's self explains everything. I have been with him for 16 years now and he has never once done me wrong. All his staff are amazing and kind too. I truly love my Dr.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

I've been with Dr Van Zyl since I was 17. (Wow! That's 40 years). He is definitely the best. Knowledgeable, caring, compassionate and genuinely interested in his patients as people. He takes the time to listen, examine and then explain his thoughts and approach. I've lived in various parts of Ontario some as far away as Ottawa and Pearl always squeezes me in as I travel past Toronto. She's the best. We definitely need more teams like Dr. V and Pearl. Although Dr. V will never get rich off me (see him once or twice a year) he always queries into my life, family and career. P.S.. He also sees my family, sisters, brother, uncles and many friends....He is simply the best.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

I'm not a patient of Dr Van Zyl's and neither is my son, but Pearl accepted us when we needed help and I couldn't be more thankful. Anyone who has him as their doctor is very very lucky!!!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

In 1977, Dr. Vanzyl had my infant daughter, who had gastroenteritis, quickly admitted into a 2nd hospital when the 1st one discharged her too soon, & he wasn't even her doctor - he was filling in for ours, who was away in England. When I wanted to change over to him, Dr. Vanzyl gently reminded me that I already had a great doctor & that he did not want to be the reason for us leaving him. What integrity Dr. Vanzyl had. As it turns out, our doctor moved back to England shortly after & Dr. Vanzyl became our physician. Thirty five years later my daughter is still his patient & is expecting her 1st child in late spring. He has the amazing ability of assessing your symptoms & unerringly coming to the correct diagnosis. When needed, he gives us all the time we require. Pearl is his right hand & goes above and beyond to make the office run smoothly. She is irreplaceable! And Mrs. Vanzyl is a warm & kind woman who we don't see nearly enough of! You are all very special to us! Carol R.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

None better! Skilled, knowledgeable, current, thorough, pleasant. Been with him over 40 years!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

He's been my doctor since I was a baby and even though he's not always on time, he's the best doctor and always makes the time to talk to you and know your health concern. I wouldn't want to see any other physician.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

I think Dr. Bill is fantastic. He's treated 3 generations of my family and we all love him.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2010

Both Dr. Van Zyl and Pearl are always willing to accommodate and help in any way possible. Dr. Van Zyl has a great personality which is appreciated by his patient's and their families. He is also very knowledgeable and up to date on diseases and their treatments. Dr. "Bill" helped my family and I through my mums chronic illness with professionalism, compassion and always concern. An extremely happy patient and family. Jean

flag | Submitted April 7, 2009

My Husband and I have been with Dr. Vanzyl and Pearl for over 10 years, we moved from Scarborough to Whitby and still travel to his office when we need to. I know that we won't be looking for another family doctor until he retires. Without Pearl assisting him daily the office will not be able to run as smoothly as it has been doing for so many years.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

One would be hard pressed to find a more caring or attentive doctor than Bill. I have know this man for over 30 years and he is a kind and caring man who has found his true vocation; caring for people. He does sometimes run late, but (if my experience is any indicator) it's because he is taking time with an elderly or young patient. Oh yes, and, Pearl is one of a kind.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2009