Ratings for Dr. John Van Buuren

Humourless and condescending, Dr. Van Buuren is to be avoided at all costs - unless death is imminent. Even then, explore all other options before proceeding.....and even then, plug your nose - his attitude stinks. Complete jerk.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

I have no problems with Dr. John Van Buuren, who has been my family doctors for years and is helpful and knowledgeable. He always listens to patients concerns and discusses the issues and provides the best solution at the same time. However one of the support staff at front desk (possibly European) in his office has horrible attitude , is terse in her responses and provides poor customer service every time I try and communicate with her. She impresses me deeply by never ever smiling, a poker face that's worthy of a hit-man movie, grumpy voice and unprofessional service. If she dislikes what she does in medical office environment so much then she should leave and give someone else a chance to do a better job other than upsetting the patients, who are partially responsible for her getting paid by my visits to the doctor. She deserves a zero star but the system won't allow me to do it, so I give one star for the other people working in that office doing what they are supposed to do with good customer service.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

I've had Dr. Van Burren as a doctor for many years until I had to move away. If I were to return to Coquitlam, I would want him for my doctor again.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

Dr Van Buuren is an excellent doctor. He saved my life when I was going through a difficult time. He has been my doctor since he started at the clinic. He is very knowledgeable and will listen to you. He encourages you to lead a healthy life style but understands that is easier said then done.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013

He was my doctor for years (general check ups). when something showed up in a scan he failed to even tell me. He was on vacation when I came in still complaining about the pain I was having for the last year. I was advised by the attending doctor that I had to go see a specialist for a follow up of suspected cancer. Over a year later! Didn't seem to upset that he made such a huge mistake. NO appology.. I don't see him anymore.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Dr.van Buuren is a very good doctor.He is always punctual and helpful.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

a patient for years and was quite good but once a serious ailment came along he was very unhelpful, discouraging CT scans, not prescribing the correct medication and generally seeming aloof and uncaring. Dr Saunier at Gain is much better.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

Dr Van Buuren works from the Gain medical center a very well run, seven day a week clinic, efficient group of doctors. Your appointment is always on time. I have been a patient for many years and when I occasionally had to go, have been referred immediately to top specialists in the field. he always has time to explain things and never makes you feel rushed. he is very thorough but not a pill pusher.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010

Dr van Buuren is an excellent doctor and is ver informative.He takes is time and has been our family doctor for years.There staff is very friendly and i dont think i waited more then 5 minutes to see him.l wish more doctors were like him.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

This is my mother's doctor. I have heard nothing but problems from my mother. Most of the other comments on his ratings page seem fine, but it's almost like, if there is anything seriously wrong with you, out of the norm, then he just doesn't have the time, knowledge or bedside manner for you. I have told her for years to switch to another doctor and now she's in a serious health position where she can't switch, she's stuck with him. I'm sure if you're going in for a cold or flu he's fine, but throw anything else at him and he any idea what to do or say.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2009