Ratings for Dr. John Van Buuren

I've had Dr. Van Burren as a doctor for many years until I had to move away. If I were to return to Coquitlam, I would want him for my doctor again.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

Dr Van Buuren is an excellent doctor. He saved my life when I was going through a difficult time. He has been my doctor since he started at the clinic. He is very knowledgeable and will listen to you. He encourages you to lead a healthy life style but understands that is easier said then done.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013

He was my doctor for years (general check ups). when something showed up in a scan he failed to even tell me. He was on vacation when I came in still complaining about the pain I was having for the last year. I was advised by the attending doctor that I had to go see a specialist for a follow up of suspected cancer. Over a year later! Didn't seem to upset that he made such a huge mistake. NO appology.. I don't see him anymore.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Dr.van Buuren is a very good doctor.He is always punctual and helpful.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

a patient for years and was quite good but once a serious ailment came along he was very unhelpful, discouraging CT scans, not prescribing the correct medication and generally seeming aloof and uncaring. Dr Saunier at Gain is much better.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

Dr Van Buuren works from the Gain medical center a very well run, seven day a week clinic, efficient group of doctors. Your appointment is always on time. I have been a patient for many years and when I occasionally had to go, have been referred immediately to top specialists in the field. he always has time to explain things and never makes you feel rushed. he is very thorough but not a pill pusher.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010

Dr van Buuren is an excellent doctor and is ver informative.He takes is time and has been our family doctor for years.There staff is very friendly and i dont think i waited more then 5 minutes to see him.l wish more doctors were like him.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

This is my mother's doctor. I have heard nothing but problems from my mother. Most of the other comments on his ratings page seem fine, but it's almost like, if there is anything seriously wrong with you, out of the norm, then he just doesn't have the time, knowledge or bedside manner for you. I have told her for years to switch to another doctor and now she's in a serious health position where she can't switch, she's stuck with him. I'm sure if you're going in for a cold or flu he's fine, but throw anything else at him and he any idea what to do or say.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2009

He is my familys only doctor and he is the BEST... Very knowledgable, very friendly, he will take all the time in the world to help you understand what he is saying, if he doesnt have an answer he WILL get one as fast as possible.. Its as if he still enjoys learning his practice because he knows all of the new meds and methods

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

I had a terrible experience with this Dr. His ho hum manner approach always seemed like he couldn't be bothered. His "i don't know whats wrong with you and i really can't be bothered to find out." responses were beyond frustrating, news flash thats what Dr's are for...finding out your medical issue and trying to resolve it, come up with a care plan. Not this guy though. Try getting your medical records forwarded when you finally have no choice if you want decent care, what a kerrfuffle that was, and he still didn't send them all, he refused to pass them on, what a nightmare.....do not settle as i did, for years of ho hum service, change right away if your not happy.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009