Ratings for Dr. Atul Shah

Rude Rude Rude! I walked out of this office today, never to return. I assume that what he does, he does well. However, there is more to a patients needs. 45 min.wait in waiting rm/15 min wait in examination rm. I was dealing with this fine until three minutes into visit he answered a personnal call on his cell and proceeded to talk for 5 min's (in Indian) until I walked out! I was simply there for results from a routine colonosopy. 5 min's was all I needed and he could'nt give me that respect?! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR!! And I will not ignore these ratings again. Dr Rhodes is who I will follow up with from this point. Unfortunately my insurance will have to pay for this visit.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

We stopped going to Dr Shah after several years of putting up with his rushed and ruthless manner, half-answering questions as he's running out the door. He leaves you ever needing more answers. He totally missed a family members' advancing cancer, kept blaming their continuing pain on 'trapped air after-effects of a colonoscopy'. Needless to say, she's not here today to write this review herself.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2010

I have never had any of the problems noted here by others. I found him to be exactly the opposite! I will definitely be seeing him again.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

I'm rating straight down the middle because Dr. A. Shah was my fathers physician. I took my father to his appt.'s every few months for several years to have a endoscope down his esophogus and to check on a stomach ulcer. Dr. Shah and his nurses were always very open with me about my fathers (84) condition. The only complaint I do have is that he is very busy so you have a long wait to be seen. But the doctor himself and the staff were all very friendly.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2009

I had many problems with Dr. Shah such as lengthy waiting time, lack of attention (he is busy doing many things at once), forgetfulness, and he absolutely does not communicate with me concerning test results, treatment plan or anything else.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2008

Dr. Shah recently treated a member of my family, and we've found him to be the worst doctor with whom any of us has ever had dealings. The first, but also least, of our problems with him was his rudeness and dismissive manner at an initial consultation. The next time the patient saw him, after undergoing a series of examinations, Dr. Shah gave the patient no time to discuss what he had found, what tests were ordered, or what possible treatment options--for a severely uncomfortable condition--might be pursued. No discussion of prescriptions, further treatment; refused for three weeks (so far) to send reports to patient's primary care physician; professed to be unaware of patient's serious cardiac history, despite repeated reminders by the patient; had no recollection (or record, apparently) of a prescription that he himself gave the patient; at follow-up appointment nearly a month after biopsies (during which time he had ignored all of her many attempts to contact him), he kept patie

flag | Submitted July 18, 2008

Dr. Atul Shah's Credentials

• Hindi

• Seth G S Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1977)

Top Hospitals in Prince Frederick, MD