Ratings for Dr. Michael Buchanan

Dr Buchanan is legitimately NOT a rheumatologist. He is an internist with some extra training in rheumatology (training done because he went with this wife to the states for her fellowship). Rheumatology is a 2 year Royal College certified fellowship that he does NOT have. Unfortunately, PG does not have an actual rheumatologist yet. In the meantime, do not see this doctor. Get a referral to a rheumatologist in another city. This man practices medicine with no care or attention to any of his patients and is an absolute liability.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

I went to this doctor for several years. He did nothing for me but allow my RA to progress. I had to ask for an X-ray on my hips only to find out I was bone in bone. He also wanted to put me on medication they used in the 50's.. Thankfully I got another referral to the best of the best in Vancouver. They could not believe my condition. Seriously question his training and knowledge. Avoid this doctor at all costs in my opinion ..

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Let's just say, if there was another rheumatologist in Prince George, I definitely would not be a patient of Dr. Buchanan. He always seems scattered, does not read patient files before appointment so wastes both the patient and his time, NEVER on time - usually at least one hour behind.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Really frustrated. I was brought into see him because my doctor thought the situation was "urgent." Dr. Buchanan kept calling me by the wrong name and seemed to think that I had an STD. I already have been tested within this past month and was cleared for any STD's. He ignored what I had to say and asked me the same question about three times. I don't think he reviewed my case before I arrived in his office. Wants me to come back in a few months. My question is why? So I can be told that I'm a hypochondriac a second time?

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

He is very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. I would recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Good doctor. Discusses treatment thoroughly and take time t answer all questions.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Horrible!!! I was so mad when I left! Do NOT see this man that calls himself a doctor if you can help it! He told me I was overweight when I was not by any means! My doctor got his report and was so mad too. She called him and reamed him out for what he said! Terrible all around! Not worth your time!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Waited 3 months to see him and well worth the wait. Thorough, knowledgable and a great listener. Provide information in an easily understandable manner. Finally, I have a definitive diagnosis, treatment plan and prognosis. Highly recommend Dr. Buchanan.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

absolutely no help at all! I do not recommend anyone going to him! please try and get a referral to someone else. I have no clue how he is licensed

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Yup he must have found his license in a cracker jack box an all i got was a blood test and come three months and he don't believe in pain pills when some people really need it

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015