Ratings for Dr. James R. Waisman

Dr Waisman is very kind and caring, he takes the time to get to know the people he treats. He understands the fear, anger, paranoia and pain associated with a cancer diagnosis and trys to ease all those emotions. I have been going to Dr Waisman since 2003, when as a new monther I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. His nurse practicioner Lori is fantastic as well, she has been so supportive and kind over the past 9 years.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

Dr Waisman stays abreast of research, explains everything thoroughly, encourages patient centered treatment & could not be more considerate. He is the only doctor I've seen tape the appt where he explains diagnosis & treatment options AND gives the patient a copy of the tape. He also listens to patient's requrpests & concerns & when he is not familiar with requested issue (eg whether BRCA testing is covered by insurance) he takes the time personally to find out.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

Fantastic doctor. I saw many others before choosing Dr. Waisman and could not be happier with my choice. He is extremely intelligent, up on the latest research, is doing the latest research and is always light-years ahead of others in this field. I know I could not be in better hands. His bedside manner is fantastic. He takes all the time you need and answers emails within a few hours, even when out of town. You could not go wrong.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

I have been seeing Dr for over 13 years he is the most kindest and wonderful Dr ever!! He takes all the time you need and never hurries you. I travel over 200 miles every time I see him and he is the best!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

If there were more doctors like Dr. Waisman, there wouldn't have to be a website like this one. Not only is he knowledgable and keeps up with all of the newest research, but he is also the kindest, most caring doctor of any doctor I've ever been to. I look forward to my appointments with him because he always gives me a hug and makes me happy. I was treated for breast cancer in 2005, and I'm still doing well. I even flew my sister out here from Wisconsin when she had breast cancer to give a second opinion. She agreed that he was a fantastic doctor. He gives you as much time as you need, he will see you as often as you like. When you leave his appointment, you feel as though he has done everything humanly possible to help you. He doesn't let insurance companies get in his way, either. He works with you no matter how you will pay for it. I can't recommend him more highly. He is a great, great doctor, and a wonderful human being.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2007

Very experienced breast cancer specialist. Takes the time to answer all of your questions. Excellent doctor-patient rapport.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2007

Dr. James R. Waisman's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Wi, Milwaukee Wi 53226 (Grad. 1972)