Ratings for Dr. Lawrence A. Szarka

He mis-diagnosed me as having a thyroid condition I did not have and missed about 5 other diagnosis I have gotten since seeing him. Mayo Clinic will not allow you to switch gastro doctors once you are assigned one, so you're stuck. Steer clear of Dr. Szarka, he doesn't know what he's doing and blames his lack of expertise on psychological conditions. Mayo Clinic would not allow me to see another gastroenterologist, even though another doctor in another department there told me they have 'hundreds' of gastroenterologists.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

He was very conservative and cautious about doing a workup for a problem I had, but I was persistent with my complaints and he eventually did the workup. He wanted to downplay my symptoms, but eventually we got some answers and the therapy he prescribed has helped, and the medications. He is a very nice person, just could be a little more proactive in treatment and followup.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010

Dr. Lawrence A. Szarka's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 1994)

AARP