Ratings for Dr. Arnold H. Menezes

In April of 1989 Dr Menezes saved my life. I came from Cleveland OH to the ONLY Dr in the WORLD who had performed the surgeries I needed without fatality. I was 10 years old and he was the most compassionate and caring Dr I’ve ever had. My Klippel Feil syndrome was causing my vertebrae to collide with brain stem and I was going to die, I was going to die(that’s hard to say), UH in Cleveland OH had been the intermediary and Dr George Thompson had put my life in Dr Menezes hands. Both Dr’s were the most amazing and caring ppl I’ve ever met. My family was treated like Family by the staff and they made the month stay the best they could. The staff got me birthday gifts and took the greatest care of me. After my surgeries Dr Menezes had gone out of his way to come see me multiple times a day and I owe him a debt I can’t pay. 29 years ago he SAVED MY LIFE! Besides the degenerative condition affecting my life I’ve been able to LIVE! The man saved my life, I can’t thank him enough and as an adult I’ve thought of him almost every day. He literally was the ONLY DR IN THE WORLD TO HAVE DONE MY SURGERY WITHOUT FATALITIES OR PARALYSIS. Put your life in this Angels hands and he will be the best choice for saving you or your child. After all these years I still get overwhelmed with feelings for this man.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Dr Menezes is very knowledgeable and answered questions that my family and myself had about my condition (Chiari Malformation). He knew things about me that I didn't even know were related to it. He had nothing but good to say about the other neurosurgeon I had seen first. He took all the time we needed to answer any and all questions we had. He recommended a full MRI of brain and spine to make sure before surgery that I don't have a syrinx as well. I feel very confident in having him do the surgery.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

Dr. Menezes saved my life 13 years ago. If it wasn't for him performing my operations, I would've died.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

Go to Mayo and talk to Dr Wetjen he is a much better and more experienced nuerosurgeon!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

He is incredible! Twice I've met patients who thought seeking treatment elsewhere would be a better idea. Both patients were sent back because they already had the best. When insurance blocked a colleagues grandson from getting treatment from a maching in Boston, Dr. Menezes stepped in to help and they were able to get the treatment they needed.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr. Menezes saved my life 24 years ago. I was going paralyzed and if it wasn't for him, I would not be here!! I live a normal life and I can't thank him enough!!!!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Dr. Menezes is outstanding!!! His experience and knowledge is incredible!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

I agree Dr. Menezes is an angel, and without him, I don't know if my daughter would be with us or she certainly would have serious problems and dysfunctions. She was born with closed spina bifida and the lypoma on her back grew feelers and wrapped itself around many of her organs, as well as her spinal cord , it also grew through her spinal cord. She had surgery to remove as much of the lypoma as possible with out causing more damage. I don't want to even imagine how things may have turned out if it wasn't for the knowledge of Dr. Menezes. She has some on going issues and will for the rest of her life, but she is fully functional and has no paralysis. I would recommend Dr Menezes to anyone that has a serious neurological condition. He is a hero to me and my family and will forever be grateful for all he has given back to us. He is a very busy man and tells it like it is, which was off putting at first, but he knows what he's talking about. Thank You Dr. Menezes!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

I had surgery in 2004 when I was 15 years old. I have a rare condition called Klippel-feil syndrome. Dr.Menezes was the only doctor in the United states that could do the surgery and without the surgery I would be dead. As a child still I was terrified.I had complications before the surgery due to traction that caused my heart to fail. After I woke up from surgery the only thing that comforted me was seeing his face. He refered to me as his mona lisa because of my crooked smile. I am from Ny so the stay at the Ronald Mcdonald house was nice for my parents since we had to be there for two months.Now I am 25 years old and have two children and one on the way. I still suffer from pains here and there but at least I am alive. My hero and life saver is Dr.Menezes and for those complaining....he only takes the serious cases so if you don't have much wrong with you he isn't going to take you as a patient. Very busy doctor and can't waste time on little procedures.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2014

I had decompression surgery for ACM in 1994 in another state with another surgeon. I began having recurrent problems and went to Dr. Menezes for a consult. He asks question but then answers them for you as he thinks you would answer. He advised a second surgery but I refuse to let someone preform brain surgery on me that will not listen to me as to what is going on with me as an individual. I understand that he is a leading neurosurgeon but he does not and can not know how a patient feels as an individual. If he can't hear you in the exam room, he won't hear you in post-op, or follow up and that could cost someone's life. He needs to get over himself and let his patient's answer his question and quit telling them how they feel and what is going on because sometimes he is wrong.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

Dr. Arnold H. Menezes's Credentials

• Topiwala Nat'L Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1966)

• Blue Shield California