Ratings for Dr. Robert Zeldin

I had ETS done by Dr. Zeldin in 2010. I had a partial lung collapse during the surgery. Ever since i have difficulty breathing in supine position. I suspected my diaphragm had been damaged from the surgery. He was cold and told me get a lung evaluation. Never have any surgery done by this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

Lung surgery Jan. 6, 2017... new lease on life. Dr Zeldin is professional through and through. . He is the best at what he does and you are very fortunate if you have him on your side if the worst ever happens to you. Michael Garron hospital and the patients he works miracles on are very lucky to know him. 5 stars all the way..

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

August 28, 2016 received "The News" After what I will cal "a run of bad luck" when i was first diagnosed with lung cancer at Scarborough Hospital. I had a bronchoscopy test lost and after the biopsy was performed my lung collapsed three times before they let me stay long enough to recover properly. As soon as I was well enough to leave Scarborough Hospital, I made arrangements to obtain a Doctor that would give me a fighting chance and Dr. Zeldin did that and much more. After our first meeting , I had hope for this first time. My story is a happy one. Dr Zeldin removed my upper left lobe, Not before numerous tests and even more tests. He was able to save me from so much agony and despair. All the cancer is gone and I am blessed not to need chemo or radiation treatments.(because all the previous tests) I have a new lease on life... Just like that, thanks to the Michael Garron Hospital, their staff and most importantly Dr. Zeldin. I will never forget you. S.H. Surgery Jan 06/17

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

In the fall of 2014 I was aware of increasing difficulty with my breathing. Imaging studies at my local hospital suggested a malignancy pressing on my windpipe, reducing the airway by 80%. I was referred to Dr. Zeldin who correctly diagnosed a goitre that had grown within my chest, an apparently rare cause for my symptoms. Because of the risk of windpipe obstruction, I was promptly booked for surgery at TEGH. On January 9, 2015, in a 5 hour operation the left lobe of the thyroid gland in my neck along with the associated parathyroids were removed, my breast bone split, the ribs pried apart, and a grapefruit sized goitre removed. My first thought on waking up in the ICU was suddenly how easy it was to breathe! I was discharged home on the 4th hospital day, and my recovery has been rapid. 3 weeks later, on my first follow-up visit, Dr. Zeldin informed me the pathology report confirmed his clinical impression that the goitre was non-malignant. Throughout this experience Dr. Zeldin exhibited exemplary professionalism coupled with thoughtfulness in his approach and thoroughness in his explanations. I am very grateful for the outstanding care I received.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I would highly discourage anyone suffering from hyperhidrosis to consider allowing Dr. Zeldin to perform the ETS surgery on you. I had my surgery last June and ended up with a chylothorax from my thoracic duct being cut during the procedure. I was told the surgery went great and discharged to return back to London. Two days later I was in respiratory failure and rushed to LHSC. I spent many weeks in the hospital and ultimately had to have a thoracotomy to repair the damage that Dr. Zeldin did to me. I now have no feeling on the right side of my stomach and back. I once was a healthy 24 year old but now I have been sick ever since. My life has been forever changed by this doctor. As a professional with as much experience with lungs as him I would have figured my lungs wouldn't have been jeopardized.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

Amazing doctor! So companionate, and very helpful. I just had my lung surgery done 3 weeks ago and i couldn't be more blessed that he operated on me. Gifted surgeon with great bedside manners. I couldn't be more happy!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

Met Dr. Zeldin for the first time when my sibling went in for lung cancer surgery. It was unable to be done as they found stage 4 cancer. Dr. Zeldin came out and talked to me about it and answered all my questions. I asked for him to tell my sibling what he told us and he said he would. He ended up sending a resident who seemed to have trouble discussing the situations that I started pumping him with info Dr. Zeldin gave us. Next day Dr. Zeldin still hadn't seen my sibling and I requested he come and see him. Certain things we were told I found out he didn't tell sibling. I haven't had a chance to talk to him again.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

My Mother was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2008. We were refered to Dr. Zeldin. My Mother liked his kind nature and found him to be a very caring Doctor. He performed my Mother's surgery and everything was fine. However, just over a year ago she was admitted to the hospital with heart problems and a mass was found in her lungs. We took the xray to Dr. Zeldin as instructed by the specialist at the hospital in November of 2011 and he dismissed the mass as nothing and said that he was not very concerned and it "Didn't look like cancer". He asked us to schedule a CT scan in January, 2012. In the meantime my Mom became weak and was losing weight. She was admitted to the hospital in late January, 2012 and we found that the cancer had indeed returned to her lungs and had spread to her liver, pancreas and bones. One can't help but wonder that if Dr. Zeldin had been a bit more thorough, we would have been able to do something about it before it had spread.Very unfortunate.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Thank you Dr.Zeldin for taking such good care of my Uncle. Dennis Hayes is a man of great faith and love for his family. We are eternally grateful for what you, and your wonderful team at TEGH have done to ensure his return to good health. You will forever be in our thoughts and prayers. Most Sincerely, Linda Ross, Niece of Dennis Hayes

flag | Submitted November 10, 2012

Dr. Zeldin has a wonderful staff and has great bedside manner. He took his time to explain things in great detail. He made a point of coming to talk to all of us before he operated on my Dad and also came to speak to us after the surgery as well. He visited many times while my Dad was in ICU, he truly was everthing we could have asked for. I love the lady who runs his office Wilhemina. So very greatful for saving my Dad's life. Audrey Hayes-Beaudry and family of Dennis Hayes

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012