Ratings for Dr. Vito Forte

We recently had the great fortune to have Dr. Forte treat my daughter - who had a dermoid cyst in her throat area. After we were referred to him (at a point when no one was able to positively identify what the lump was (which caused us to think the worst)), he got us in quickly and reassured us that it was likely a dermoid cyst (thereby bring my stress levels down significantly), and within weeks operated and removed it. The scar appears to be minimal and healing nicely (and it looks like it will not be visible once it is healed). He has a great bedside manner and is incredibly funny. He is a world class doctor and I am happy we were referred to him.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr. Forte and his entire Staff are wonderful and we would recommend him to anyone!!! What a wonderful and positive experience, during a very stressful time as a parents.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Seemed rushed and uninterested in my son's airway difficulties and didn't listen to the history of his problems. He is a bit of a bully, essentially brushed off my concerns as trivial and made off colour attempt at humour with the implication of being an overwrought mother. Luckily I was referred to another hospital in Toronto where the ENT took time to listen and examine my son who then had surgery by her with relief of his sleep apnea. He is now fine but I am really surprised by the good reviews this doctor gets.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Best ENT hands down! My son was born with a rare proble - distal tracheal stenosis of one of the rings! He opened up his stenosis. Something that probably very few docs in the world could do! He is straightforward doesn't mince his words but he means well! We had said no to the surgery first cuz of the risks but next day once we said yes. He was so happy because he said he couldn't sleep as he had the ability to give or son a chance to live! He really changed our sons life! Thank you doctor Forte! You are the answer to our prayers!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

Amazing doctor. I was referred to him by a physician for a breathing difficulty which turned out to be pretty serious. I go for regular checkups. I've had two surgeries and this man has really helped improve my health. He doesn't waste time and he knows what he's doing.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

My 16 year old daughter just had a thyroidectomy with Dr. Forte and I could not be more pleased. he is an awesome surgeon!!! He was very patient with my questions during the consultation and considerate of the surgical decision made by us. He did a great job with her incision which is a barely visible scar considering she is only 3 weeks post op. Hats off to his fellow Dr. Shazia Peer...you are truly wonderful and professional in your demeanor. you have put me at ease with the outcome of the surgery. Lastly, his assistant Lynn is awesome, always available, efficient and so very caring. This surgery date would not have happened if it wasn't for her. I would highly recommend Dr. Forte to any child needing thyroid surgery.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Vito Forte performed surgery on me 23 years ago, and I am eternally grateful for him. After countless doctors and just as many misdiagnoses, Dr. Forte was able to quickly diagnose me and perform a very complex surgery. Now an adult, I still think of him and what he did for me often. The incision on my neck was extremely long, and could have left quite a scar, but not even close friends notice it. His knowledge of suturing and plastic surgery are unparalleled. The experience I had over 4 months with both Dr. Forte and Sick Kids was world-class. I can't imagine a better experience in one of the most horrific times in my life. THANK YOU!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

Dr. Forte was amazing. My five year old son had thyroglossal duct cyst surgery recently. One month later, you can barely tell he had surgery. Dr. Forte was very professional, yet friendly and humorous too. All of the staff, resident doctors, nurses, admin staff were all great. What a wonderful experience, during a very stressful time for a parent.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Dr Forte is an excellent ENT specialist. His expertise & bed side manner are impeccable. He was nothing but gentle and knowledgeable when treating me.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

He is so good. My son had mastoiditis and he and his team took care of us very well. My second child has many ear issues also, so without a referral he agreed to see him on short notice.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2012