Ratings for Dr. Michael P. Battaglino

Dr spent a lot of time listening to our concerns... he ordered tests that made sense. My husband was scheduled promptly, and Dr. personally discussed the results with my husband. A+

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Very caring and knowledgeable. I have been seeing him for years. I wouldn't trust any other GI doctor over him.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

The nurse that checked me in was bipolar. She would go from super nice and conversational to tense and angry in a heart beat. The doctor didn't do anything but stare at me in the exam room, palpated my abdomen and didn't even respond when I stressed a painful area. He then proceeded to tell me it was all in my head and that I should consider some sort of mental therapy. Well I convinced him to do blood work anyway and my labs were NOT normal. I didn't even talk to him again because they call at inconvenient times and never answer the phone when you call back. I gave up. I have recently been treated elsewhere and they have found thyroid disease which causes a ton of symptoms including GI distress. So, I'm not crazy and I thought that was really unprofessional and he didn't seems to care about me or my problems. As another poster said he jumped straight to colonoscopy talk. If I'm crazy, why schedule a colonoscopy? A little extreme for someone who's making things up in their head right?

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

I do not have a family doctor, so I saw the nurse practitioner as a first appointment for my three-week gastro problem. She was very nice. She asked a couple of questions and scheduled a colonoscopy. I asked could it be a parasite or bacteria. She replied probably not. Afterwards I goggled on the internet for my symptoms. I ordered a z-pack (antibiotic) and the z-pack cleared my symptoms within 24 hours. I simply had a bacteria. The Nurse Practioner was very nice, however a simple test would have revealed a bacteria. However she scheduled a colonoscopy. A COLONOSCOPY !! Cathy at the front desk is all-knowing and not nice. I asked what are the charges, and she said it would be on the insurance statement. I asked again, as I'd like to know the costs. She laughed at me and would not tell me. It was that she laughed that perturbed me.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

I agree with the previous review - they aren't very helpful over the phone for routine refills, they always want you to come in which costs $50 each time. Then you are expected to arrive 15 min. b/f your appt. only to wait 45min - 1 hour to be seen by the doctor for 4 min. I feel my questions go unanswered and that there is lack of real concern or thoroughness without pressing. Patients shouldn't have to come up with all the "right" questions and leave confused. I want a doctor to explain my condition and work with me to figure out the best plan together. Not be condescending and trivialize my problem. I wouldn't be there if I didn't feel my problem was bad enough in the first place! I'm looking to switch.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

Outstanding doctor and staff. Very knowledgeable. He helped my wife with GERD and healing. Because of that I went to him for my routine exam. When getting the referral from my GP, I found he too went Dr. Battaglino.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2009

The care that Dr.Battaglino and his nurse Lee provided to me was the best and really made my diagnoise and care of the past two years successful. The way they treat their patients is with the utmost respect and care. Lee called a week after being put on new medicine to see how I was feeling and make sure my plan of treatment was going well. They are really concerned about their patients and I would recommend them to anyone. I was very lucky to have found this office and these two people in particular during a time when I was diagnosed with a life changing illness. I am very grateful for them and will continue to go to them for my care as long as I am in the area.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2009

very pleasant MD. Took time to explain results of screeing/procedure.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2009

This rating is more for mr. battaglino head nurse Lee but i feel he shares the blame since she is allowed to treat patients in a very confrontational way. I get the feeling this office is money hungry every time i ask for assistance by phone it turns into a confrontation with his nurse about coming in for a office visit. How are people suppose to try and keep out of pocket expences down when you have to pay for a office visit every time you want to change a medication.I've come to the conclusion she must be getting commission for each office visit she books.If you enjoy stress call Lee she's very good for that! Building his business she not so good.We gave them a second and she went back to her old ways , so i'm using the ratings on this site to pick my next doctor. Thanks for the site it's nice to be able to share my experiences with others.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2009

Dr. Michael P. Battaglino's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1994)