Ratings for Dr. Kenneth R. Powell

Dr. Powell and his staff are so kind and caring, I never want to go any where else. He is very thorough. They go out of their way to make me feel I can call them anytime when I have a problem. They are the BEST!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

As my PCP over approximately 15 years, this physician has not ordered standard labs, and ignored a potentially injurious lab value (TSH)- I was not aware this test was performed and never informed that my results were not WNL's. Currently, I have a condition that may have been prevented. Dr. Powell's nurse is a poor listener and rude. I trusted this physician who clearly did not have concern for me. Dr. Powell ordered a 24 hour holter monitor after I c/o palpitations, which did capture the sensation I described. He refused to consider a cause for my atrial fibrillation that was less likely, which is the same lab value that he ignored (and I was unaware of) several years ago. I saw a new PCP, at my wife's urging, today, and became aware of the lack of care I had been receiving. I am not yet fully aware of my condition, but I believe that it is possible that injury/suffering may have been avoided if Dr. Powell had been competent.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

Dr. Kenneth R. Powell's Credentials

• Texas A & M University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

First Health