Ratings for Dr. David P. Flavin

Staff was really rushed and not very friendly, except the front receptionist. He was a little late to the appointment. He disregarded everything I told him, and stuck to a diagnosis which had no standing. Whole appointment lasted about 5 minutes, and he seemed like he wanted to just get me the heck out of there. It would have cost $350 without insurance. I shouldn't have to pay anything. What a waste.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

I've had a gallbladder issue for about a year now. I was referred to Dr. Flavin by my PCP. She sends most of her patients to Atlantic Digestive Specialists in Somersworth. Upon seeing her name, he said he had never heard of her before. With that said, he seemed like the whole appointment he was "out of it." Not only would he completely disregard any information and symptoms I was giving him, he made them seem like it wasn't a big deal. I said I got really tired after eating something too sugary, it felt my blood pressure dropped, and I would get really thirsty. All the said was "Sometimes when I'm driving, I eat a cookie, and I get a bit sleepy." I have had raised bilirubin since last summer, and it has gotten higher. Thank goodness I knew about Gilbert's Syndrome beforehand, because a GE comes to the conclusion of GS after doing a litany of liver tests, to rule out liver malfunction. He said it's Gilbert's before without doing any tests, and "Oh, you'll be fine." NEVER see this guy.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

This MD is a disgrace to his profession. He was rude, unconcerned, arrogant and obnoxious to me and my spouse, a very, very ill terminal cancer patient. We saw this guy in late Sept,. of 2013 as we had been advised to see this doc by my hubby's gastro guy, who is in the same practice and whom we like and respect. I have *never* been treated so rudely by anyone in the medical profession in my 60 some odd yrs of seeing doctors. I was appalled by his appearance ( grubby) and attitude ( condescending and dismissive of our issues). He should not be dealing with people, as his bedside manner is non-existent . I would tell everyone I know ( and I already have!!) to "run away"!!!!!!!! As a matter of fact, I told a good friend of our experience with him and she just rolled her eyes. She had been to him too, in the recent past and also had a terrible experience. Next on my list to write to is his practice administrator and the AMA. Sue, NH

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

He just hands out medicine and doesn't really listen to what is going on or how your symptoms may have changed over time.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

Dr Flavin was so apatheic regarding my sons symptoms and complaints. My son saw Dr Flavin early Sept.after he had already been workup by his primary md and needed a ED visit for severe chest pain/spasm. I knew my son was having severe GI issues because I have been a children's hospital nurse for 30 years and I am very aware of how patients present. When I asked if he could get a workup, he dismisses us with a bunch of meds and sent us on our way. My son has been ill since and now is passing black tarry stools blood positive. I am so frustrated!!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

After my Rheumatologist found my enlarged liver, he sent me over for an ultrasound. The hospital confirmed my enlarged liver and said it also has fatty deposits. He then sent me over to Dr. Flavin for his "expert" opinion. Without having my results from the ultrasound, he pressed on my stomach for 2 seconds and said I was fine. After asking me about my problem swallowing, and me explaining it comes and goes but is intrusive, he never felt my throat to see if perhaps it was a gland issue, he just simply said, "well I can stretch your asophogus but it seems you have enough going on". I left that office so mad that I was out the co-pay and I didn't know anymore then when I went in. Do not see this guy, he's an insurance scam artist!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010

Went to this doctor for a colonoscopy for some GI problems I have been having for several years. It was a terrible, horrible experience. I woke up TWICE during the procedure in extreme pain! Then the "air pocket" wouldn't escape, leaving me in pain for several hours in recovery. He didn't seem to care, blew me off. I won't be going back to him again.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2009

I also had a very bad experience with this doctor. He misdiagnosed me with hemorrhoids when in fact I had a chronic bowel disease. (I subsequently had a colonoscopy performed by another provider, and there was no sign of ANYTHING that resembled hemorrhoids.) I was unfortunately "diagnosed" by him shortly before traveling abroad. When I was still quite ill after following his instructions to take a fiber supplement, I called the office and explained my predicament. I thought that perhaps I wasn't taking enough, or that I misunderstood his recommendation regarding the fiber. He refused to even speak with me on the telephone, even knowing that I was in a location where access to medical care was going to be difficult for me. Incidentally, he also has a horrible "bedside manner," and is quite a jerk to deal with at appointments.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

Wrote a prescription that had been out of date for a year. Dismissive of Parents for a minor and avoided any idea of conversation. Spoke to the minor on phone and never asked for parent. A looney-tune MD. Among the community he is not the man to see.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2009

I went to this doctor a few years ago & after many visits to the office, several endoscopies, & him continually telling me that I had IBS, my PCP sent me to Maine Medical for a second opinion as I was getting sicker by the day. Thank God he did as they found I had TWO BLOCKED ducts & had to do emergency surgery to fix it. This doctor did not listen as I kept telling him I was not getting better & only worse. I was to the point of not being able to keep anything down & he just kept telling me to take the meds he gave me. BE VERY CAREFUL with this doctor!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2008

Dr. David P. Flavin's Credentials

• University Of Vermont College Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

• Blue Cross Of California