You may also like

Rate Dr. Anton James

Dr. Anton James's Ratings

Definitely recommend this dentist! The staff is amazing and Dr James is very experienced, gives the best advice out of all the dentists I've been to. I got all my wisdom teeth out and fillings without a problem

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2766928].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 4, 2015

i was referred by my dentist who is a well respected long time langley dentist with only 5 star reviews to three possible dentists to do my procedure which involved below the gum extractions....I talked too and got quotes from two who do sedation work...thats a option....Dr James does not use sedation.....Frankly you can assess the cost of several hundred dollars more for the one tooth i needed to have extracted vs the matter of a couple of needles.....Dr James is a professional...he is gentle but is very good at doing extractions according to the referring dentist....Contrary to the email below which talks about a botched up scheduling issue. i called at 4 pm left message and got a return call 10 minutes later and a appointment next morning....i was starting to experience some discomfort from this tooth which had been broken off for a year or more...So it had to be removed.....Based on a strong referral from another dentist who did not want to do my extraction and the work perfomed by Dr James i would strongly recommend you save some money and have quality work done by Dr James.....He works with just one assistant who is also is quite pleasant......The cost ended up being substantially lower too.....it was very reasonable.....i am day 3 after the extraction and no issues...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2765926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

After reading reviews online I decided to try this dentist. I scheduled my first appointment & showed up about 4 minutes early. The office was dark and the door was locked. There was no sign on the door or anything. I was really upset, because I work full time and I have to take time off to go to my appointment. I went back to work and called them to see what was going on. The lady on the phone was arguing with me saying that they were there. I couldn't believe how unprofessional they were.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2728032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

Very nice guy. Feels a tad archaic when you enter his office. He uses the very basic tools that they created decades ago. While getting my teeth cleaned the water he sprays was getting everywhere, up my nose, running down my chin, in my eyes etc. Very messy & wet. The cleaning itself wasn't that great. He doesn't use the paste others use to give you that minty fresh feeling. He just uses water and a tiny tool that he chisels with. In the end it didn't feel or look like there was a difference as opposed to other dentists when I leave after a cleaning my teeth are bright & way whiter. 5 stars for the guy himself & 2 stars for outdated equipment and results of the cleaning.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2639481].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

Don't expect a call back . I am shocked people rate this office so high as front desk never returns your calls. I would hate to have an emergency I guess they cant afford to have a separate front desk person and Assistant if they never answer the phone how do people even book Do yourself a favour and RUN. This office doesn't care about its patients

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2596582].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

What more can be said …see all comments below , I echo everything that has already been said . This guy is good , very good . What do you want from a dentist when you go to one ? For me it was , the level of trust , openness , safety, integrity and depth of knowledge and a deep true caring for my own interest and not a focus on his wallet and not a focus on what my insurance plan will pay for . this clinic is clean, organized and efficient … I feel comfortable being treated there , I value the doctors opinion about my teeth and follow his recommendations, he does not over-treat but is more practical ,…in a word,,,,go see this guy for your dental needs ..

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2574054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2014

A very pleasant experience!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2499506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

THIS IS THE BEST DENTIST I HAVE EVER GONE TO AND I HAVE GONE TO MANY DENTISTS, HIS BEDSIDE MANNER (SO TO SPEAK)IS JUST AWESOME AND MAKES YOU FEEL SO COMFORTABLE DESCRIBES EXACTLY WHAT TO EXPECT AND BRENDA HIS ASSISTANT/RECEPTIONIST IS ALSO AWESOME, SHE IS JUST A PURE PLEASURE TO TALK WITH. BOTH OF THEM ARE VERY PLEASANT AND KNOWLEGABLE. GREAT, AWESOME THE BEST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD AND I HAVE HAD A LOT OF BAD EXPERIENCES IN THE PAST BUT MOST OF ALL VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY PROFESSIONAL AND HONEST.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1336058].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2013

Best dentist ever!! I'd lost faith in all of them as a whole over the years.. until I fuond Dr. James today. I'd been told I'd need sedation and "special surgery" to remove a fractured tooth that broke to the gum line last Friday. Total cost: $300 over ministry allowance. I spoke with Dr. James' girl, and she said to come in the next day. Thank you so much for that! Office is comfortable, no frills.. but his special dental chair (from Trinidad!) gave me a warm hug the second I sat in it. 1/2 hour later, tooth is out. No big charges, just comfort at last. Go to this dentist if you like genuine and compassionate care - without feeling like you've done something wrong when your teeth aren't perfect. Awesome man, awesome staff, awesome service!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1336057].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

He is a great dentist. I must say his professionalism and conduct is worth praising. He communicates with his patients very well and explains everything minutely. We went to see him after previous dentist, Dr. Verma could not diagnose more than 70% deep bite for my son and he had to suffer a lot because of that. I am really pleased that my boys are receiving good care from him. Also his charges are very reasonable and he is not ripping his patients as I have experienced with one of our previous dentist. I would recommend him to everyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1336056].votes_count ]]