Ratings for Dr. Stephanus Buys

Doctor Buys was my father's doctor for many years and he failed him. Do not trust this doctor with your family memeber if you actually care about them. My father has a family history of heart attacks, Doctor Buys gave him medication for diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure which all point to heart disease. Buys never had my dad's heart checked once in ten years!!!!My father changed doctors and the first thing he was tested for was heart disease. He now needs a triple bypass surgery. If Doctor Buys would have done his job and cared for my father for those many years my dad would not be having open heart surgery.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Very helpful. I don't understand why he left Victoria

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Great doctor! Helpful. Listens. Admits when something is not working and trys to find a better solution. Many health issues with my husband and Dr. BUYS has always gone the extra mile to find a solution. When another doctor (i.e. specialist) becomes involved ,they are always impressed by comprehensive notes or documentation that is supplied by Dr. Buys. Our family is going to miss him.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr. Buys is leaving to avoid investigation. Not only was abusive and negligent, but also refused to treat a patient prior to a visit to the psychiatrist. The first time I went with a client to this doctor and thought he was pretty good, but when he became my family doctor, he was abusive and negligent in regards to my child. Should lose his license. His staff was quite paranoid as well as himself. Fabricated and worked in collusion with MCFD to make it appear I was negligent in the care of my child. Quesnel is lucky he's leaving, but really he should be made to stay and face his music.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Great doc. Very sad that he is leaving . Wish him well in his future endeavos.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Dr Buys is an excellent. I have/had a serious condition I was in ICU at VGH & he kept up with my progress even though I was under the care of another doctor/specialist in fact this Vancover doctor was very impressed with Dr Buys also. I recommend him to anyone who needs good care

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

very unknowlegeable, has no idea what multiple sclerosis is and how painful it really is. I have seen him since he came here and in the last week he wrecked my health by giving me something I was allergic to and I ended up in the hospital. He also took me off my meds. He is just a pill pusher that doesn't care about your problem. One of the meds he gave me put a hole in my stomach and when I mentioned it he didn't say anything. I am looking for another doctor now because my life is worth more than his moody self. U tell him whats wrong and he doesn't check into it. I was put on pills to unclog my arteries 5 months ago and not once has he ordered a blood test to see if the pills are working all he did was renew the prescription for another 3 months. I do not recommend him to anyone who has serious medical problems. He's too moody for me.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013

wow i cant believe what some people have to say about dr. buys he has always been number 1 doctor for me and iv been to alot of doctors he has gone above and beyond many times and if it something he is unsure of he will send you to a specialist that will know i recomend him ten times out of ten for a gp cause he is one of few doctors that do care

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

I think some of these comments are nuts, he is awesome and has been our doctor for the past 4-5 years, and he's always on top of things, and if he doesn't know yea he looks it up or passes it on to a specialist I respect him for that. He's fantastic with kids, and super polite, on time, and never ever rude. I think he really does care, and puts his heart on his sleve.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Dr. Buys is very knowledgeable, helpful,patient and understanding. He takes the time to listen - and hear - what I have to say and doesn't automatically write prescriptions. I have great respect for him and would reacommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2011