Ratings for Dr. David C. Byrnes

He acts like we're all on a game show but refuses to have an adult conversation. He has mis-administered tests and regularly mis-interpreted the results for my wife and I, and has made dangerous recommendations based on his ill-informed interpretation. His diagnoses are worthless as he doesn't understand test results or the related issues. We will never go back and warn you not to make any serious decisions based on his advice.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

That's the problem, he's too friendly. He's busy gossiping or apologizing for his staff and as a result does not make the correct diagnosis. He will send you for tests but overlooks the results. He leaves it to his staff who are not licensed or trained, just rude. He'll prescribe lots of drugs rather than make suggestions to improve diet or lifestyle. Not good doctoring in my opinion.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2009

Dr. Byrnes is knowledgeable with a good sense of humor. While his staff can be cranky at times, he more than makes up for it with his bedside manner.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

Dr. Byrnes is also a GP, not just a gastroenterologist. He's really friendly and understanding, with a great bedside manner. His office is a bit minimalist and as a small office it doesn't have the capacity to do a lot of testing and stuff, but New York Methodist is right across the street, and he's very well respected there; as soon as I told them I was his patient, they fast-tracked me for the blood tests I needed. I recommend Dr. Byrnes to my friends on a regular basis and none of us have ever been dissatisfied. He's a kind man and I consider myself lucky to have him as my GP.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2008

flag | Submitted August 25, 2008

Dr. David C. Byrnes's Credentials

• Univ De Oviedo, Fac De Med, Oviedo, Spain (Grad. 1976)

Benesys