Ratings for Dr. Ira J. Schmelkin

Dr. Schmelkin saved my life on 7.30.12. He performed an emergency colonoscopy on me rather then scheduling an appointment and having me wait . He has a beautiful heart. I am so fortuante to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

By far the most skilled, thorough,and up to date on research of any physician I have dealt with in years. He and his staff put patients first. Literally saved my life. Great bedside manner. Wish there were more physicians like him.Noble is extremely fortunate to have him.I hope they can keep him. He should be teaching young physicians.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

fantastic,my whole experience with Dr. and staff was more then i could expect. everyone was very sweet and knowledgable,helpful.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

Excellent physician, his new practice in Westfield is far superior to the one he had in Pittsfield

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

The doctor is excellent. his staff leaves something to be desired. His new york staff was much better

flag | Submitted April 17, 2011

helpful, knowledgable and extremely caring. was responsive to my needs and excellent follow up.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

he has a habit of cancleing appts. that are scheduled and his office staff isnt very helpful either

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010

I had the right ins. policies allowing me to make a direct appointment with the Doctor. I had to make 5 phone calls, each time getting the run around about req'd paperwork (that was not req'd), and ultimately was told on the last call that the Doctor was not accepting new patients at that time, and I would have to wait until the new year. Regardless of how good a reputation he has, his staff was terse and unhelpful. I felt that the only way to get the care I needed was to go the to Emergency Room.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2009

Dr. Ira J. Schmelkin's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Wellpoint