Ratings for Dr. H. Chalchal

Dr. Chal Chal was my mom's oncologist for the most of her 9 year cancer journey. He was a wonderful doctor and tried every treatment current or new to extend my moms life with as much dignity as possible. This is a doctor who deals with sick and gravely ill people on a daily basis. So perhaps he may seem a bit standoffish at times however you have to realize he has to be able to keep a professional distance and not take all this pain, suffering and sorrow home with him at the end of the day. You must realize you are not the only heartbreaking story he has to face. Once he leaves your examination room, there is good chance he is going to a next room to deliver devastating news to another family. Our health system is sadly lacking enough doctors to be able to properly take the time to handle a huge patient load. So there are extenuating circumstances that may mean they have to be quick and to the point during your appointment. Please cut these earth angels some slack as they are trying their best in an overloaded under staffed broken health system.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Dr. Chalchal and his nurse John are a wonderful team. Very helpful and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

I would recommend you seek another oncologists. Dr. Chalchal is curt and lacking any compassion for those experiencing cancer. Throughout my treatment he gave me the worst possible prognosis and then revised it with each subsequent visit. I was devastated and he offered little inforamtion when I questioned him. He treats the disease and lacks the ability to treat the patient with the disease who is a human being. I survived only through the support of other health care providers, family, friends and others with cancer.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

Being diagnosed with cancer is a terrifying experience. Dr. Chalchal was kind, sympathetic and very patient with me. We spent over an hour together as he explained my treatment options and answered my never ending list of questions. He appreciated that I came to the appointment prepared and I appreciated that he took all the time I needed to answer my questions. Not once did he leave me with the impression that my time was up. I got all the time I needed to help me make a treatment decision. I look forward to my next appointment with him. I completely trust that he will take good care of me through this awful journey I am about to take.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

flag | Submitted November 4, 2012

very impatient man,made you feel you were wasting his time like he had better things to do then to be talking with you.Never took the time to explain things to you, always negative.I always left his office with feelings of hopelessness always very depressing.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

Dr. Chalchal is an amazing oncologist and i owe my second chance at life to him. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor and nurse team to be by my side. I have been in remission for 5.5 years. I had not seen him for 2.5 years went back to see him a couple of months ago and him and John both remembered me and my family by name. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2010

This doctor does not like to be questioned, he has a "god" complex. He will tell you what you need to know when he feels that it is appropriate. He does not answer questions that effect your life, if he feels that questions are inappropriate. He and his staff do not understand that this is my life and not his that he is playing with. I need to know the truth and I need to make my decisions, not my doctor about my life. John is nurse looks half dead and does not look like he enjoys his job. He is not very knowledgable for someone in the nursing profession. These two are a disgrace to the medical system and should not be working in the health care industry.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

He was helpful in getting an MRI for me because of my legitimate concerns

flag | Submitted April 16, 2009

Chalchal has almost always been very pleasant with me except for a couple of instances. He is very very quick in dealing with me, but i also understand that he has many patients and is hard pressed for time.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2009