Ratings for Dr. Donald Leroy Chew

This person should not be practicing. I took my mom to see him because she was having some episodes of losing her speech and confusion. He explained to my mom and I using medical terminology. I asked him to please explain to us in laymen’s terms. He rose his hands up in the air in a rage and yelled, “IT’S FAR TOO HARD TO EXPLAIN”! We were dismissed without knowing what was wrong with my mom.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr. Chew very nice Doctor. Listens to you and gives you the facts. He doesn't seem to be that friendly which a lot of people like, BUT he knows what he is doing and I like that in a doctor. I would send people to him. He is there to help you not tell jokes. He is all business as far as your health goes.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

This Dr.. is very impatient. We left his office with little or no information. Don't waste time with him.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

I found this appointment to be a waste of time. He is very old and should definitely be retired. I am so disappointed with the fact he is still able to practice after reading these reviews. We have such long wait times to get in and now will need to wait again. Hopefully we will find a dr. That will be able to help.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

Big waste of time. Waited to see him while he played doorman at the office location, I think that should be the job that he should stick to. Yes, he did check my reflex and kept hitting his thumb. Then went to look in my ear and could not find the right end for the light so just didn't bother with end after throwing a whole bunch in garbage. Don't waste your time going to him. Wish I had read the reviews for this man.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Previous rating describes him exactly to tee......Arrogant, condescending, rude and dismissive with the worst communication skills I have ever encountered in a medical professional! Took my mother and other than basic reflex test, was so dismissive and abrasive.... retire already!!!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Arrogant, condescending, rude and dismissive with the worst communication skills I have ever encountered in a medical professional. I would not recommend him nor would I ever return to his office under any circumstance.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Chew was the biggest a**hole I have ever met in my entire life. He was extremely rude to his patients, no patience for them. He was rude and disrectful. Don't waste your time associating with this "doctor". Avoid him at all costs.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

My appointments with this doctor are useless. My meetings with him are MAYBE 5 minutes max. It consists of him asking if I have had a seizure, if I say no, the appointment ends. Thanks? I kept him as a neurologist purely so that he would renew my prescriptions for me. Now he is not getting back to my pharmacy about a renewal. I NEED this medication to not have a seizure but him and his office don't seem to understand that. I called his office and his receptionist stated "he will get to it when he gets to it" and hung up on me. Terrible.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I found Dr. Chew to be straight and knowledgeable. When he saw I was worried, he took the time to explain what the differences were between my symptoms and different diagnoses. Which most doctors can't be bothered to do. He also sent me for some testing to ensure I was ok thst the first doctor didn't. I left feeling secure that I was being taken good care of, Which is how I believe every patient should feel. The wait time was a little long for my liking.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017