Ratings for Dr. John J. Imbesi

Dr Imbesi is the "best".....He is clear about everything and has a wonderful manner. I have been seeing him for w number of yeats and can't say enough good things about him.. Thanks Doc !!!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

I do not know about the problems others had with Dr. Imbesi, but my experience was totally different. I first met the doctor in the hospital where it was found that I was very seriously ill. I was told by several doctors that if I hadn't sought treatment when I did, I would have likely died in liver failure (caused by a medication) within 3 weeks. Dr. Imbesi was called in. His bedside manner made me immediately confident that he was doing all that could be done. After a week, my condition improved sufficiently that I was allowed to go hone. Dr. Imbesi followed me carefully post-hospitalization and continues to do so. I truly believe that without such quality care, I might not have lived. On other matters, while no one "likes" a colonoscopy, a prudent person has one regularly. Dr. Imbesi made me feel very comfortable with the procedure, shared results with my son and me immediately after, and showed me films at my post-procedure appointment. I have always found him to be willing to explain anything I did not understand. He is very easy to talk to. He has my highest recommendation. And his staff have been extremely helpful at all times.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

I have seen Dr. Imbesi on several occasions for abdominal discomfort. He has also been professional and answered all of my questions. He also made me comfortable in asking questions and explained in detail what to look for and what he would do to correct the situation. I trust him and that is very important when have an surgeon and gastroenterologist. He's the best!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

I have no clue what people are saying about the doctor. Totally professional and thoroughly explain what he is checking. If people don't understand, did they ask him to explain or just sit there? Doctors are not mind readers. If you don't understand ask. He doesn't bite if you ask a question.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Dr. Imbesi was fantastic. Very professional. He took the time to explain all procedures to me and helped me throughout the tests, especially when I was in pain. He was very knowledgeable and patient.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

My son had a follow up from an ER visit with Dr. Imbesi. He answered his phone 6 times while in conference with us. Had many tests performed and told my son everything was fine. 2 months later he had his office staff call my 19 yr old son and tell him he needed a liver biopsy and tried to schedule it with him. I insisted we get a second opinion and had my son call for his records shortly after which Dr. Imbesi called him and said it was a mistake and he did not need a biopsy. Can't believe this isn't criminal to scare a young man (and his mom) like that!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr. Imbesi is a caring and professional doctor. He was patient with me, answered all of my questions at his office...never felt rushed. Super reassuring and fantastic staff in Verona where he did colonoscopy...dreaded the idea of this for years..Dr. Imbesi helped me through it quick simple and professional.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

He diagnosed me with crohns disease. Never found him helpful. Likes to talk in medical terms and doesn't like to explain it if you're unfamiliar. He has no personality. No warmth. I wouldn't recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

Doctor left Endoscopy center without even speaking to Me as the patient's wife. That is unacepptable

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

I found Dr. Imbesi to a be warm, and sincere guy. I've been seeing him for several years, and I've always felt like he took the time to explain everything to me, without hustling me out of the office in a hurry. I have chronic stomach issues, and can recommend him to anyone with same. He's a model for how I wish my other specialists treated me.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011